Student Loan Debt?

/ Student Loan Debt?
The millionaire nextdoor book reported a common theme is a good first marriage...

/ Student Loan Debt? #702  
A significant piece missing from the graphic is failed marriages. Last I knew over 50% of marriages ended in divorce, cutting assets in half.

I think that's only for 1st marriages. 2nd and 3rd marriages fail at a much higher rate than 50%.

/ Student Loan Debt? #703  
Like others have mentioned, living below your means goes a long, long way down the road.

/ Student Loan Debt? #705  
As a 12 year veteran of the Catholic school system... there are just as many social problems at Catholic schools as public schools. There just isn't as much violence. As for Catholic high school, lots of alcohol and drugs. Always was, still is. ;)
Wrong!!!!! I was a 12 year veteran of Catholic Schools and had no social problems whatsoever, myself nor the schools, including a Catholic Military School that my mother worked her ass off to send me there because she thought it was what I needed. I have the utmost respect for the Nuns and Lay teachers that guided me to my selection of a satisfying and lucrative career with a fabulous retirement.

/ Student Loan Debt?
Here’s something that most people overlook when it comes to wealth building. The Millionaire Next Door cites that your spouse’s orientation and beliefs toward thrift, consumption, and investing is a significant factor in achieving a high net worth.

These couples spend their time, energy, and money on similar things.

It is very difficult for a married couple to accumulate wealth if one is a spendthrift. A household divided in its financial orientation is unlikely to accumulate significant wealth.

Want to make it worse? Try accumulating wealth when BOTH husband and wife are big spenders! Not going to happen!

/ Student Loan Debt?
Seven common denominators among those who successfully built wealth.

1. They live well below their means.
2. They allocate their time, energy, and money efficiently, in ways conducive to building wealth.
3. They believe that financial independence is more important than displaying high social status.
4. Their parents did not provide economic outpatient care.
5. Their adult children are economically self-sufficient.
6. They are proficient in targeting market opportunities.
7. They chose the right occupation

/ Student Loan Debt? #708  
Here’s something that most people overlook when it comes to wealth building. The Millionaire Next Door cites that your spouse’s orientation and beliefs toward thrift, consumption, and investing is a significant factor in achieving a high net worth.

These couples spend their time, energy, and money on similar things.

It is very difficult for a married couple to accumulate wealth if one is a spendthrift. A household divided in its financial orientation is unlikely to accumulate significant wealth.

Want to make it worse? Try accumulating wealth when BOTH husband and wife are big spenders! Not going to happen!

My wife is just as thrifty, or moreso, than I. She has been a huge blessing with amassing a sizeable net worth. Without her, it would have been impossible, even though she never really earned a wage during our time together

/ Student Loan Debt?
ONE SPOUSE' RULE
Marriage can really benefit your financial life. People who get and stay married tend to be much wealthier than never-married singles, according to research by Jay Zagorsky at Ohio State University. By retirement age, married people have nearly 10 times the financial assets of singles, according to a study by the National Bureau of Economic Research.

But divorce can dramatically shrink your wealth. Zagorsky found that people who split up experience an average wealth drop of 77 percent. So while the uber-rich may be able to divorce and remarry with relative impunity, dividing assets can be wickedly costly for everyone else.

Also of note is wealthy spend less than an hour on screen time... oops... guess that boxes me in with TBN

/ Student Loan Debt? #710  
The wealthy people I know, typically, on casually meeting them, you'd never know. They don't buy expensive clothes, most drive nice, but not special trucks, don't take flashy vacations, and many, their home is on the nicer side of average, but they really appear to be typical middle-class people. It's when you find out they have 200 over the road trucks, or 100-200 pieces of heavy equipment, that are paid for, that you realize they are better off. Another minor point, I've noticed, they often have 1 main business, but dabble in others, typically, (mind you, I'm dealing with mostly construction or trucking people) either minor real-estate stuff, or something else. I also will point out, the majority I know, are not college degree folks. Also, I would place the ones I meet, at 40-60 years old. Oh, and of these people, all of them still go to work every day (of coarse that's how I meet them, and that screws the numbers)

Not really on topic, but I would say, they typically are more likely to be religious.

I'm 100% going to admit that I see a small percentage of the US population, and I'm not saying any of this holds true once you leave my small part of the world.