Stump bucket build

/ Stump bucket build #1  

Loghomeguy

Tractor
John Deere 4044
Built myself a stump bucket. I purchased a pallet fork carriage from Titan and built off of that.
1 piece of 3/8x15x30
2 pieces of 1/2x12x30 1678668303179.jpeg1678668395326.jpeg

/ Stump bucket build
The only problem I have is seeing the darn thing. So sometime this week I am ordering a backup cam with a monitor from amazon. I think that will fix that problem. I will let you know in a couple of weeks.

/ Stump bucket build #4  
I need one of those stump buckets for digging these out.

Attachments

• Hickory stump.jpg
    Hickory stump.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 118
   / Stump bucket build #5  
^ A machine that size might be able to make good use of a longer curved bottom stump bucket like a skid steer would use. Either way, maybe consider a ripper tooth for the backhoe?

Loghomeguy, i like the bucket! One thing you might try (can also do this with forks) is just lift the loader higher and tilt the bucket way down so you can see it ‘under’ the fork frame, and once it has made contact in the desired spot drop the loader and curl bucket up simultaneuously. This is basically what we do with a handheld spade shovel anyway.

/ Stump bucket build #6  
I need one of those stump buckets for digging these out.

I don’t think you’d really help the performance with a stump bucket and run more risk of damaging the machine. I’ve heard good things about a ripper shank making it faster. I ordered one for my KX40 that I’ve not got yet.

/ Stump bucket build #7  
^ A machine that size might be able to make good use of a longer curved bottom stump bucket like a skid steer would use. Either way, maybe consider a ripper tooth for the backhoe?

Loghomeguy, i like the bucket! One thing you might try (can also do this with forks) is just lift the loader higher and tilt the bucket way down so you can see it ‘under’ the fork frame, and once it has made contact in the desired spot drop the loader and curl bucket up simultaneuously. This is basically what we do with a handheld spade shovel anyway.
Vigo327,

Like this? Playing around earlier this year.

Attachments

• M59 with Root Ripper.jpg
    M59 with Root Ripper.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 137
   / Stump bucket build #8  
I don’t think you’d really help the performance with a stump bucket and run more risk of damaging the machine. I’ve heard good things about a ripper shank making it faster. I ordered one for my KX40 that I’ve not got yet.
4570Man,

Post #4 was very much a tongue in cheek comment. If I want to pull small trees ( less than 6") or shrubs just grab with thumb and pull up and out. Eeeezy Peeezy and so much fun to do.

I'm curious where did you buy ripper. Mine came from USA Attachments. They have then in stock for KX40

/ Stump bucket build #9  
4570Man,

Post #4 was very much a tongue in cheek comment. If I want to pull small trees ( less than 6") or shrubs just grab with thumb and pull up and out. Eeeezy Peeezy and so much fun to do.

I'm curious where did you buy ripper. Mine came from USA Attachments. They have then in stock for KX40

I went through my dealer. It wasn’t much different in price by the time I paid shipping through an online seller.