Stump Bucket choice ?

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #1  

gd165623

I have a kubota l2501 . What stump bucket would be best ? Titan does not have teeth--good or bad? tomahawk has teeth. Express steel has teeth. I have 10 acres SW Florida, and dont have a specific job for it but want one . Suggestions please Thanks Paul

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #2  
A Kubota L2501 does not have the tractor weight nor hydraulic power necessary to push a stump bucket into Florida soil, nor remove it.

Consider a clamp on Bucket Spade, which is critically shorter, and less critically narrower, than a stump bucket.

VENDERS: tractor bucket spade

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 541
  • DSC00418.jpg
    DSC00418.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC00692.JPG
    DSC00692.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 999
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 409

Last edited:
   / Stump Bucket choice ? #3  
Artillian sells what they call a
“front hoe bucket”
It works reasonably well on compact tractors

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #4  
A subsoiler will give you more lift. Here's something that looks a lot better than a stump bucket on an underpowered tractor FEL.

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #5  
I feel like yall are being overly negative on this. An L2501 does not have a useless loader, it can push reasonably hard (especially if 4wd), and florida soil from what ive seen of it looks a lot easier than what ive got here in south texas (heck, some of it is sand!).

I think the titan one is best for tractors on the small end of ssqa because the narrow tip and short length compred to many ssqa stump buckets maximizes the ground penetration and bucket rollback force potential of a smaller tractor. Just my .02.

I do like the ripper thing a lot too but they are much less available as a one-piece ssqa deal. I have thought of building an ssqa plate thing with just a bracket on the front that would take my backhoe buckets and ripper. Could even flip them 180 and pick the direction.

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #6  
   / Stump Bucket choice ? #7  
Check out the Stump Wrecker from Good Works Tractors. He uses it on a 25hp Summit Tractor.

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #8  
I feel like yall are being overly negative on this. An L2501 does not have a useless loader, it can push reasonably hard (especially if 4wd), and florida soil from what ive seen of it looks a lot easier than what ive got here in south texas (heck, some of it is sand!).

I think the titan one is best for tractors on the small end of ssqa because the narrow tip and short length compred to many ssqa stump buckets maximizes the ground penetration and bucket rollback force potential of a smaller tractor. Just my .02.

I do like the ripper thing a lot too but they are much less available as a one-piece ssqa deal. I have thought of building an ssqa plate thing with just a bracket on the front that would take my backhoe buckets and ripper. Could even flip them 180 and pick the direction.

I live in Florida, on a farm with lots of stumps. My tractor puts out 37 HP. I have drawn some conclusions from experience.

If you don't have a lot of power, you really need to shorten the tool, make it narrower, and use your strongest hydraulics if you want it to move a Florida oak stump. Even then, you will usually have to make lots of passes, and you can pretty much forget about moving a stump from a tree a foot in diameter unless you want to get off the tractor and do a lot of work yourself.

You can go to Youtube and see compact track loaders flipping large stumps right out of the ground. Totally different.

I don't really understand stump buckets for tractors. When you use a wide tool, you greatly decrease the pressure you apply. If you go from a tool 1" wide to a tool 4" wide, you may be decreasing the pressure by a factor of 4. I think the guy with the rhino attachment has a better idea. He concentrates the force in a small area.

Do you really need a bucket's load capacity to deal with a stump? I don't see it. Once the stump is out, you can use forks or something to move it easily. While you're trying to get it loose, you don't need to be able to carry it. You just need lots of force. A light, narrow tool will give you the most force you can get.

/ Stump Bucket choice ? #9  
While I was in between backhoes got a FEL bucket quick spade. Can use on bucket or forks. Surprised how a sharpen blade could cut thru roots of several inches.

Mainly used on Kubota B20. Did manage to smiley face the bucket. Straightened and strengthened. It was great cutting multiflora rose and privet just below ground level especially under fences. Dug some graves and moved some rocks. Handy for removing old plants and trees from the orchard and berry patches and planting new ones. Pretty good for a $200 tool back then.