Stump bucket recommendations

/ Stump bucket recommendations #1  

Dpxmed

Tractor
Branson 3515
What would you suggest for a good stump bucket for stumps obviously and popping rocks/boulders oit of the ground? I have a '20 Branson 3515h. I do already have a grapple but would like something narrower and can get down alittle deeper. I definetly dont want to "over buy" but something that is heavy duty and my fel arms can handle easily.

/ Stump bucket recommendations #2  
   / Stump bucket recommendations #3  
I would stay away from that retailer. They just import.

Go with better quality stuff from a North American manufacturer. There are many. Here's a few good options.

(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)

Ironcraftco.com

Homesteadimplements.com

/ Stump bucket recommendations #4  
Everything Attachments unit here. Great build quality from the folks up in Indiana. For the price it's pretty heavy duty. I bought the standard duty version and it's comparable to the Titan heavy duty model with the bucket teeth on the end.

/ Stump bucket recommendations #5  
I found that using the backhoe to dig around the stump as much as possible, then using a pallet fork attachment works great to lift it up and move it around.

/ Stump bucket recommendations #6  
I found that using the backhoe to dig around the stump as much as possible, then using a pallet fork attachment works great to lift it up and move it around.

Yes, I have never used a stump bucket but it's hard for me to imagine using one except for on the smallest brush. Like you, most "trees" I pull out with the compact utility tractor require quite a bit of root excavating with the backhoe in order to remove.

Also, when I finally yank the root mass out of the ground I'm still using the backhoe. This is on oak trees here which are very drought tolerant and have extensive root systems.

The thing I realized after I bought the Branson is that a small tractor is not a bulldozer. With these machines it's really all about finesse and skill.

Just my experience.

/ Stump bucket recommendations #7  
Yes, I have never used a stump bucket but it's hard for me to imagine using one except for on the smallest brush. Like you, most "trees" I pull out with the compact utility tractor require quite a bit of root excavating with the backhoe in order to remove.

Also, when I finally yank the root mass out of the ground I'm still using the backhoe. This is on oak trees here which are very drought tolerant and have extensive root systems.

The thing I realized after I bought the Branson is that a small tractor is not a bulldozer. With these machines it's really all about finesse and skill.

Just my experience.

A stump bucket is made for a skid steer not a tractor. A tractor lacks the loader strength to do much with one and you’re likely to bend the loader. But a skid steer with a stump bucket is actually quite capable.

/ Stump bucket recommendations #8  
A stump bucket is made for a skid steer not a tractor. A tractor lacks the loader strength to do much with one and you’re likely to bend the loader. But a skid steer with a stump bucket is actually quite capable.
A compact telehandler with a stump bucket is very capable also, click this link to see the pictures: Compact telehandler

P6180030.JPG

P6180047.JPG