Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24?

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
Start here, move if appropriate.
Got a Kubota B21 that should, just, run this off the rear PTO. Questions are, anyone know the reputation and reliability of this baumalight oufit. They're in Ontario. I was looking at their tree spade but it needs hydraulic pressure of 2900+ and the B21 only does about 2100, so I would have to cobble up a PTO drive aux pump, tank, hoses. And shaft no doubt.

So as my consolation prize I looked for a stump grinder since after my fall tree felling, I am left with some 2-3 ft stump I cannot pull, even with my "dragon tooth" serrated blade eating away at it. Bigger, better, younger men than my look at it and say, rent a stump grinder.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #2  
I bought a Baumalight 1p24 several months ago, and have ground around 25 medium to large stumps so far. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.
I have seen YouTube videos of sub compacts running this implement without issue, but I only have experience with operating the grinder with 32 HP at the PTO. Smaller machines may require an extension kit from Baunalight.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24?
I bought a Baumalight 1p24 several months ago, and have ground around 25 medium to large stumps so far. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.
I have seen YouTube videos of sub compacts running this implement without issue, but I only have experience with operating the grinder with 32 HP at the PTO. Smaller machines may require an extension kit from Baunalight.

Any idea where to find used or discounted ones?

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #4  
Any idea where to find used or discounted ones?

Not really. I found mine new on Facebook Marketplace as "new old stock" with last year's msrp.
Woodland Mills makes an almost identical grinder, which may be currently less expensive. I initially wanted a Woodland Mills, but at the time they were months behind manufacturing them.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #5  
Try Tractor House. I bought a Worksaver 3 point articulated stump grinder unseen at a TH auction, had it delivered and the gearbox was shot plus the frame was welded and a new gearbox was a grand so I parted it out and bought a new Landpride SG24 machine. It's sitting at my Kubota dealer presently. Not gonna allude to what it cost other than it was a bit cheaper than the Bauma Lite unit.

One saving grace for me is, the outfit that makes the carbide teeth are local for me so if I need replacement teeth, they are real close by. Green Manufacturing, Morenci, Michigan.

My other issue is, the one I bought, max pto input is 45 horses and both my tractors are 90 horsepower pto so I have to be careful about what I do with it.

I'll probably run it on the 1000 pto shaft (21 spline) with a 6 spline adapter at reduced rpm and power.

I have at least 20 stumps to grind and just picked up another job with 20 stumps and it ain't even here yet. Don't know what to charge however.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #6  
Neither of my tractors are hydrostat but both have the optional Kubota creeper gears so that should be fine. I priced a used Vermeer and Rayco and was appalled at the prices.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #7  
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Woodland Mills WG24 that is very similar to the Baumalight. I have a TYM T254 sub compact. The WG24 does weigh a bit more than the Baumalight but it is a bit less money.

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #8  
   / Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #9  
Only problem is I don't have rear hydraulics so my choices would be limited to the Baumalight or Woodland Mills. Price would be pretty good although the Woodland Mills is a bit cheaper (less expensive).

/ Stump Grinder 3pt. baumalight ip24? #10  
Not sure about Woodland Mills but Bauma Lite uses a proprietary cutting tooth (that will wear out) and you are stuck with getting them from them at whatever price they deem appropriate. At least on the Erskine's and the Land Pride's and Worksaver's, the carbide teeth are the industry standard and can be bought on Flea Bay or direct from Green Manufacturing, plus you can get them in different grades of carbide. The other thing about the industry standard teeth is, the are indexable to 3 different positions. Not sure about the Bauma Lite.

Finally, Bauma Lite is Canadian, all the others are made in USA, not that that is a big deal but parts could be an issue down the road.

Mine needs to be delivered, I have a ton of stumps not only here but elsewhere that need to be ground.