Stump plane

/ Stump plane #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
Does anyone have experience with a stump plane like the one in the attachment? The seem costly and I will probably never buy one.

Attachments

• 1644376226366.png
    1644376226366.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 223
   / Stump plane #2  
That is the first 3 point mount that I have seen.
I have watched a few YouTube videos of the skid steer versions:
Fecon-Stumpex-2-Speed.png

/ Stump plane #3  
They do the job. I had someone do two for me and worked great. Wouldnt buy one just for personal use unless you have many to do.
If so you could buy it....use it.... and sell it when done.

/ Stump plane #4  
Danuser makes a smaller one to fit their hydraulic post hole diggers. Down pressure, forward reverse, gpm and pressure requirements.

/ Stump plane #5  
Does anyone have experience with a stump plane like the one in the attachment? The seem costly and I will probably never buy one.

See thread at Forums>Related Equipment>Skid Steer Loaders>ETERRA AUGER STUMP PLANER? started by MNBobcat on June 15, 2020.

Watch a PTO driven one in action at this link: Rotor S 15 – 25 Hp with drill.

/ Stump plane #7  
I wouldn’t want to be near it when operating
Unlike the American buzz-saw stump grinders that turn at several hundred RPM, the vertical-axis European stump grinders turn at much lower RPMs and are unlikely to throw projectiles. Some of the videos show the augers used to grind stumps on the verge between curb and sidewalk; pedestrians walk by, and the windows of storefronts are unprotected. Any American contractor would have the sidewalk cordoned off and screens in front of any windows.

/ Stump plane #8  
Unlike the American buzz-saw stump grinders that turn at several hundred RPM, the vertical-axis European stump grinders turn at much lower RPMs and are unlikely to throw projectiles. Some of the videos show the augers used to grind stumps on the verge between curb and sidewalk; pedestrians walk by, and the windows of storefronts are unprotected. Any American contractor would have the sidewalk cordoned off and screens in front of any windows.
Interesting

/ Stump plane #9  
A coupe of the videos I had referenced in #7 with by-standers or nearby windows. First uses an open "drill"; second uses a core-type "cylinder" (Stump ejected near end.)

Last edited: