Stumper

/ Stumper #1  

T4R11

Tractor
Ford 1720 and 2120
I have Ford/New Holland 2120 tractor with a Shibaura engine. I was using it today to move heavy wet mulch and everyone once and awhile I would hear a squeal (like the sound of air being let out of a tire) from under the hood. I stopped the tractor and noticed a leak on the ground. I opened the hood and it was all wet. I think it is diesel fuel. The engine topside, by the injectors, was wet along with the side of the engine. None of the fuel injectors are loose and I did not see any apparent leak when I started it up and accelerated. I suspect one of those 3-5" return hoses in series might be leaking. Are the return lines pressurized? Would a return line leak make a squeal when the engine is fully engaged (full acceleration). I stopped, cleaned and restarted multiple times trying to find the leak but to no avail. Thoughts?

/ Stumper #2  
The squeal was probably your fan belt after being soaked with fuel . You’re fuel return line shouldn’t have much pressure, unless it’s plugged

/ Stumper
Thanks for that. My choice of words was not the best. Instead of "squeal" a better description would have been a hissing sound. I wonder if I have a pin hole leak or small crack in one of the lines from the injection pump to the injectors. The source of the leak is still unknown.

/ Stumper #4  
First step is finding the source of leak , first step in that is cleaning everything up that’s wet . Make everything bone dry before you start it, then watch carefully as it’s running, you’ll find it