Stupid Horse trick!

/ Stupid Horse trick! #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Winter's getting old - here's my tale of woe. Have 4 pastures using 2 inch electric tape, 5 feet high. Have three horses and one colt with way too much energy. 1.5 feet of snow on ground means we now have 3.5 foot high fences and the snow is insulating so well the fence isn't zapping like it should, colt went through the fence the other day and I found him in the barn when I got home! Fix fence, borrow stronger charger and let him back out today. He walks up to fence and lays on it with his chest, must have gotten zapped cause he luched forward and snapped the 4x4 corner post clean off!! He didn't hit it that hard so all I can figure is it must have been frozen or had a knot right at ground level but now I have one pasture that's useless until the ground thaws (sometime in July!) and I can re set the post. Makes me want to coat the tape in honey and let him lick it, then maybe he'll develop a better respect for electric!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Stupid Horse trick! #2  
Honey....ROTFLMAO!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Stupid Horse trick! #3  
Our old mare decided to take a walk the other day. As with yours, our fences are a bit shorter this week (field fence with no electric on this portion). She just walked over the fence and started down the lane. Our neighbor calls to say the horse is out. As we peer out the window, she decides a walk is not nearly good enough, so she breaks into a gallop down the road. Have not plowed the driveway yet, so we're off on foot to find the old nag. Two hours later, we find her in another neighbor's property nibbling on a little hay that has fallen off a truck (thank God). 2 mile walk back to the barn, in the snow. Guess I'll add electric to the rest of that pasture. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
-Frank