Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #281  
Back before everyone had computers I had a relatively nice programmable calculator, an HP11C. I had written a survey program for it so that when I was laying out thinning blocks I knew the error of closure before I left the site.... it had to be 1:250.
One day I received a box of #4 coilspring traps I'd ordered and was in the parking lot showing somebody how to set them... not considering that my calculator was in my pocket. It fell out and landed right in the center of the pan... springing the trap and destroying my calculator.

More recently I was standing on a culvert looking at the water when something fell out of my pocket. Oh, :censored:, my phone! As I leaned over farther I saw that Nope, it was a roll of flagging... which my phone landed on perfectly as it too, fell out of my pocket.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #282  
I was trying to think of something stupid I did but realized I never had. If I had done something the first one that comes to mind is our GPS system at work uses a hotspot sometimes. It like a cell phone but just gets an internet connection. I might have a vague memory of slamming it it the tailgate and crushing it.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #283  
Back before everyone had computers I had a relatively nice programmable calculator, an HP11C. I had written a survey program for it so that when I was laying out thinning blocks I knew the error of closure before I left the site.... it had to be 1:250.
One day I received a box of #4 coilspring traps I'd ordered and was in the parking lot showing somebody how to set them... not considering that my calculator was in my pocket. It fell out and landed right in the center of the pan... springing the trap and destroying my calculator.

More recently I was standing on a culvert looking at the water when something fell out of my pocket. Oh, :censored:, my phone! As I leaned over farther I saw that Nope, it was a roll of flagging... which my phone landed on perfectly as it too, fell out of my pocket.
Speaking of HP11C’s…..
I had met what is now my wife back in the 90’s. Right before meeting her I was dating a very attractive young lady who liked to leave amorous notes everywhere for me to find as a pleasant surprise. She slipped one of those notes in my HP11C case with the calculator.
I hadn’t used it for about a year and we had broken off our relationship. A few months later my wife wanted to use it and the note fell out.
I had some splainin to do. 🥵

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #284  
I think the pictures will show my mistake. EVERYBODY with a Piranha Bar learns this lesson.

Attachments

• IMG_9939.jpeg
    IMG_9939.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_9940.jpeg
    IMG_9940.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 124
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #285  
No carriage bolt or flat washer on the mounting bolt?

Last edited:
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #286  
Ankle biter.

Bruce

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #287  
Looks like he broke tips catching the concrete.....

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #288  
Ahhh. The picture needed some blood.

1684512672744.png

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #289  
AC went out in my truck. I was wearing a loose tee shirt and leaning just so... so the wind had my shirt inflated while driving.

I felt something bounce off my arm. Figured it was a June bug so I didn't really pay attention.

That was until something stabbed me in my hip Then stabbed me again... and again....

I hit the break down lane.... locked up the brakes, bailed out of the truck, whipped my shirt off, and was spinning in a circle swatting my side with the tee shirt till I figured out what was stinging me....

I was a wasp.... not a June bug

I kept wondering if someone was gonna call the cops and report some crazy guy wigging out and stripping on the side of the road It would have made an interesting report in the local news papers weekly police log

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519-112719.png
    Screenshot_20230519-112719.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #290  
Ahhh. The picture needed some blood.

View attachment 801254

You got it in one. I learned the hard way to always have those points in the ground when parking the tractor for any length of time. They HURT when you hit them. They also cut. Been a couple years since I've donated blood to the Piranha Bar and I got sloppy.

The cable hanging off the "Ken's Hooks" is what I've had to use to pull up the 20+ dead plants, shrubs, trees, and whatever weakened due to last summer's drought and finished off by winter's cold spell. Have a hook on the drawbar I pull with, not the bucket.

RSKY