Subaru EH 72-2 parts

/ Subaru EH 72-2 parts #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
Does anyone have al old bad motor that they are willing or wanting to part with? I need the front plastic cover and the cooling fins that mount to the flywheel assembly for the 25 hp Subaru engine , numbers 1 & 7 in the picture attached
IMG_5839.JPGIMG_0895.JPG

Last edited:
   / Subaru EH 72-2 parts
Well I have a solution for my problem I was able to utilize the cooling fan off the 22 hp, the part crosses over to both engines.
Terry at Power trac was superb in helping me to resolve this issue.
Hats off to Power trac.
I will buy everything from them for my PT. From now on. It may cost more, but it does not matter.
They have stepped up to the plate every time I needed them and treated me as if I just bought this unit from them and had a warranty on it instead of buying from someone else.

I was able to use and modify front cover off of the 22 hp unit to utilize on the 25 hp unit.
I had to cut the out the oil cooler on the lower left side and modify the upper portion to accommodate the intake inlets on the carburetor. The older cover had a opening that I had to block off where the oil fill exhisted The 25 hp unit has the oil fill on valve cover. I just cut out the area from the 25 hp unit to overlay on the 22 hp cover and drilled holes to fasten pieces together and used silicone to seal around the edges as well. Will send pics when finished to show.
Sometimes you have to improvise if you cannot attain what you need. I am just thankful I could .