Sudden stallout wont restart advice please

/ Sudden stallout wont restart advice please #1  

NEPA guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2650 FEL, BH, Snowblower/plow, forks
B2650 HSDC. Doing some backhoe work tearing out thorn bush roots and chugging along, in and out of cab, when I got back in the cab and it just stalled out. It wont turn over. Electric works. I'm not sure how to check for the safety switch under the seat, I just unplugged and replugged... can anyone offer advice on how and where to check lines? Please see attached photo.

I looked at the fuse box under the steering wheel but cant seem to pull them out and I didnt want to force it. Do I need a fuse puller or should I use needle nose?

I called dealer and service manager walked me through a few simple checks, make sure pto lever is in good, give it a firm push in and out, also checked no sticks stuck underneath and checked throttle pedal. Nothing. He cant get out for a few days.

Any advice appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
   / Sudden stallout wont restart advice please
Thanks for the reply Ill look it up. I followed the cable and was able to lift the center of the seat that was attached with velcro but it just goes into a plaestci hole. I cant see how I can check that switch engagementIMG_1463.jpg

I tried messing with the HST position. nothing. how would I be able to pull the tractor out with the FEL down? If I could just get it on my trailer I can drive it down to the dealer myself and save $100 on transportation fees I have some straps and I could use my truck to pull it out of the dirt but I’ve never done it before can anyone comment on that as well please
F651F41D-0D40-4811-A2F1-C8D70A79A7D5.jpeg

/ Sudden stallout wont restart advice please #5  
I tried messing with the HST position. nothing. how would I be able to pull the tractor out with the FEL down? If I could just get it on my trailer I can drive it down to the dealer myself and save $100 on transportation fees I have some straps and I could use my truck to pull it out of the dirt but I’ve never done it before can anyone comment on that as well please
View attachment 600747
Put the loader in float & lift it with a jack or ratchet straps. Then take it out of float & it will stay put.

/ Sudden stallout wont restart advice please #6  
It sounds like you engaged the PTO accidentally.
I know you said you did already but check your PTO settings for both PTO's (if you have a mid PTO)

Also put the trans in neutral and set brake.

/ Sudden stallout wont restart advice please #7  
Put the loader in float & lift it with a jack or ratchet straps. Then take it out of float & it will stay put.

If I need to tow a FEL equiped tractor I''l hook to the tractor frame if possible, then attempt to get the chain started under the bucket so it will pull under the bucket as I pull.
Then as Fallen said using the float or lift position of the loader valve and curling back on the bucket control till the bucket is up enough the center your controls.
The more the chain or strap pulls up on the bucket the higher you can get it.
With your HST just don't forget to place your range transmission in neutral while towing it.

FLOAT MODE! yes that did it, thanks guys! ill follow up as soon as i can. ill try the pto again and neutral in hopes itll start. much appreciated

I just got back from dealer. It appears it was the HST switch that was bad. He stuck a small thin screwdriver in the gap and left it there. He got back in and was able to start the tractor but the screwdriver fell out and it stalled. He told me to get in the cab and rock the pedal back and forth while he held the screwdriver in place while I turned the key. I got out of the seat and it stayed on. He told me to back it off the trailer to park it where he would replace the switch later. He said the cabbed models make it more difficult to get to and he would have to remove a hose to be able to get at it. When I backed it off the trailer and parked it, the second I got off the seat it stalled out again. Not sure if that has anything to do with the seat switch too, but I'll wait to get the call back for the final word.

Once I get it back I'm going to try and locate the switch, take a picture and upload it, in case anyone else has the same issue. It would have been nice to know how to at least get it started long enough where I could have driven it up my trailer instead of using straps tied to my truck to haul it out of the woods and on the trailer.

/ Sudden stallout wont restart advice please #10  
I just got back from dealer. It appears it was the HST switch that was bad. He stuck a small thin screwdriver in the gap and left it there. He got back in and was able to start the tractor but the screwdriver fell out and it stalled. He told me to get in the cab and rock the pedal back and forth while he held the screwdriver in place while I turned the key. I got out of the seat and it stayed on. He told me to back it off the trailer to park it where he would replace the switch later. He said the cabbed models make it more difficult to get to and he would have to remove a hose to be able to get at it. When I backed it off the trailer and parked it, the second I got off the seat it stalled out again. Not sure if that has anything to do with the seat switch too, but I'll wait to get the call back for the final word.

Once I get it back I'm going to try and locate the switch, take a picture and upload it, in case anyone else has the same issue. It would have been nice to know how to at least get it started long enough where I could have driven it up my trailer instead of using straps tied to my truck to haul it out of the woods and on the trailer.
The seat switch is operating correctly.
If you are not in the seat and press the HST pedal the tractor will shut down.

With the HST switch failed, the results are the same.

At least it is nothing major.