Buying Advice Suggestion on used B-series

/ Suggestion on used B-series #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I'm looking to get a second Kubota and wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions on what to get. I have a L3240 now with a FEL and it's fine for moving dirt and running the Woods bush hog. I got a 4 foot aerator from Everything Attachments and it works fine on the L3240 also, but that tractor has R4 tires, so when I run it with some moisture in the soil, it can leave tire marks (rear tires are loaded).

I also have a Scag zero turn with a 61 inch deck for mowing duties. Works great, but I would like to have a backup mower. The backup mower would also be used for keeping the grass cut on the trails on my property and for helping clear new areas (mainly grass). I could use the zero turn, but would hate to run over a rock or get it stuck on the trails. Could also use the L3240 with the rotary cutter, but it is sometime difficult to maneuver on the trails.

So I'm thinking about getting an older B series Kubota with a 5 foot mid-mount mower deck. Maybe a B7300 or B7500? Open to ideas, but I want no FEL, mid mount mower, turf tires, and ability to handle an 800 pound aerator on the back. The BX series seems too lightweight for my needs - both ground clearance on the trails and 3-point lift limits for that aerator. Am I thinking the right models for this use (B7300, B7500)?

/ Suggestion on used B-series #2  
Depending on your budget, I think almost any B from the last 20 years would work for you.

Will

/ Suggestion on used B-series #3  
In 1993, I bought my first Kubota, a B1750HST with bi-speed turn and 60" MMM.

This has been the best major purchase of my entire life. In the 25 years that I have owned it, it has needed absolutely nothing other than routine lube, oil and filter changes. Nothing. Not so much as a fuse, fan belt, hose or light bulb. Nothing.

Yes, it gets good maintenance, is not abused, and is kept inside. Still, that record is impressive.

I now own five Kubotas.

Wish that Kubota still offered bi-speed turn.

SDT

/ Suggestion on used B-series #4  
My second Kubota was a B7800 FEL after my first Kubota a BX2200 FEL MMM. T^he ground clearance was the main issue but the BX impressed me so much, never owning a tractor before, that I decided to do more manipulating of my hillside, rocky, gullied, treed property. I guess I've done more with the B7800 for the three years I owned it than the others I've owned other than the Fs for dedicated mowing. I even mow my logging road trails with the F and RFM. I used a RFM on the B7800 and bought a BX1500 MMM for mowing my hillside yard.
I traded the B7800 to a L3240 which weighed about twice as much with about the same HP and had a seat that seemed about 6' higher off the ground which made me come up with excuses not to use my tractor where the B7800 made me come up with excuses to use my Kubota. Got rid of the L3240 pretty quick but wouldn't have if my property was more level. The B would power and pull the 6' Landpride RFM great on the steep hills but would swing the B around at the bottom of the hill and the L never seemed to know it was attached except near cresting the steepest hills and the L would start slowing down. Weight is a factor and usually with a tractor weight is better but not 100% of the time.
I agree about any B will do what you want with a MMM.