Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection?

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #41  
We use Pelican cases for our survey equipment. I always remember guys from one of our other offices jokingly calling the penguin cases.

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #42  
I use a Pelican 1040. I fits my cell phone, a small pad of paper, pencil with a little room to spare. It has a small carabiner on it and fits into my cargo pant pockets or clipped on my pants, And it's a BRIGHT YELLOW CASE.
View attachment 793326
I'd think about something like that if I was going on a canoe trip or something. Looks pretty big.

I don't like things hanging from my belt. I have to carry work keys on a belt hook. They often bump into things.

When you put something on your belt, and start bumping in to stuff, it makes you realize how close you often come to stuff without hitting it when there is nothing on your belt. Like less than an inch. Counter top corners, the edge of an open door, the latch on a gate, walls!

Think about all of the things our body does when we walk and the coordination it takes for our brains to take the input from our eyes and figure out juuuuuust how much room we'll need to navigate a space in a split second. Now muck it up with a fanny pack. 🤣

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection?
Long time ago when I was a safety/video boater on whitewater trips, Pelican cases were/are the norm for gear for electronic equipment (always had a pelican box between my knees in the boat kayaking LOL). Shows my age, before go pro cameras were around...

I think I even joked about a Pelican case on this thread. For myself, I think it's overkill. I honestly like the leather case holder on the belt option. End of the day, carrying a phone in your pocket while mowing for hours or not a so smooth lawn is only asking for trouble. My issue is that trouble didn't find me until about 13 years later LOL

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #44  
I've never noticed a problem with my cell phone in my pocket all day work, rest or play. It's never fallen out. I did have one go wonky because of sweat! Yuk! But a night in the sealed tub of dry rice and it was good to go.

Today, many are waterproof, or water resistant.

Funny story about that... last summer wife and another couple and I went canoeing on a very busy local river. Lots of yahoos having lots of fun. The river is usually just a couple feet deep, but a few places it's 6-7'. At about every deeper pool groups would congregate to take a dip. And at about every pool, at least once, you'd hear "Oh NO! MY CELL PHONE!" 🤣

We came upon one group that was obviously walking a pool looking down and muttering about a cell phone. Some guy says something about $1000 down the drain.

I said to him "Why don't you call it?"
"Huh?"
"Have someone call it while you stick your head under water and I'll bet you can hear it unless the ringer is off."

So they did. And they could hear it. Took them a few tries, but we weren't 25 yards down the river when we heard the cheer and them yelling thanks! :)

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #45  
Also, ever time someone mentions Pelican case I can't get this out of my head...

I've never noticed a problem with my cell phone in my pocket all day work, rest or play. It's never fallen out.
Up until this past Sunday I could say the same thing for the last 20 years I've own a cell phone ;)

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #47  
Up until this past Sunday I could say the same thing for the last 20 years I've own a cell phone ;)
I have pretty deep pockets in my jeans. Nothing falls out ever. Shorts, on the other hand, I've had things fall out of. Both the regular pockets and the cargo pockets.

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #48  
SIN can't have a smart phone at all, if one lasts past 1 month it's a miracle. Longest lasting he had was a couple of months with an Otter box and he even managed to smash that. Only phone that's lasted for him has been a 10± year old flip phone, Samsung I think it is. Cover hinges are worn out, front display is toast, it's so old the color is off the outside so much so you can see the interior of the phone yet it still works. He'll drop it and the battery will go flying across the floor, puts it back together and still works. Annoys me to no end when he texts as it's the three button push for one letter and sounds like a video game.

Not related to tge original question but I buy a phone on size, I have an IPhone 12 mini. Not small but it is smaller. Years ago I tried different phone cases for my belt, it seemed they would fall off my belt, the phone would fall out, or they would catch on something. I carry my phone in my front pocket and not all pickets are created equal, they need to be deep.
Ironically, the phone destroyed was a mini 12. Like you, for myself, I like small phones which is why I picked the mini 12.

Mini 12 replaced the iPhone7 on my end. To be honest, the mini 12 was the worst phone on my end owning that would drop out on calls or I'd get a "call failed". Got bad that I called it in for tech support a couple of times because it would happen in standard areas that my phones always worked. That said, for the last year, don't recall having an issue.

When I did go in to get a phone this past Sunday, don't know if it's true or not, but I asked if they had a new phone in the mini size and the guy told me they stopped making them (impression I got was I wasn't the only one calling in problems).

/ Suggestions on a "bombproof" phone case that will offer great protection? #50  
I seriously doubt that there is any type of cell phone protection that could withstand a brush hog. The idea is - keep the cell phone in a safe, secure location.

I have an Otter Box protecting my Iphone. My son knows me and bought it along with the Iphone. I keep the phone in a zippered pocket on my jacket or a zippered pocket on my hoodie. Eight years and the Iphone is still good as new.