Sunset photos

/ Sunset photos #121  
From the week of the fires looking out the back to San Francisco...

The day after and for about a week SF could no longer been seen through the smoke and one 48 hour period only the fir trees as the smoke was akin to living inside a chimney...

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 127
   / Sunset photos #122  
I keep hearing from my buddies in the Reno/Carson City area and they are sick of the smoke you Californians are sending their way. Unhealthy conditions. Hoping you'll get some rain in the right places soon to help knock down the fires and smoke.

/ Sunset photos #123  
Yesterday was the first in many where the sky was blue for awhile...

It really was a breath of fresh air. Onshore breeze did wonders but it pushes everything inland...

A couple of days not seeing the sun because of smoke makes it very real... the only plus is sunsets

/ Sunset photos #124  
Yesterday was the first in many where the sky was blue for awhile...

It really was a breath of fresh air. Onshore breeze did wonders but it pushes everything inland...

A couple of days not seeing the sun because of smoke makes it very real... the only plus is sunsets

Reminds me of Beijing on a 'clear' winter day. Lots of coal burning.

/ Sunset photos #125  
Probably no sunsets for next few days... warming up with high pressure and increase smoke.

/ Sunset photos #126  
I keep hearing from my buddies in the Reno/Carson City area and they are sick of the smoke you Californians are sending their way. Unhealthy conditions. Hoping you'll get some rain in the right places soon to help knock down the fires and smoke.

I'm ~ 170 miles east of Reno/Carson. This is tonight's sunset, colored by all that California smoke. They keep promising us this is going to end...and every evening they extend the "unhealthy conditions" warning another day.......
P1004909eptbnr.jpg

It is so thick that the sun actually disappears from sight into the smoke BEFORE it goes below the horizon.

/ Sunset photos #128  
The onshore breeze is a welcome relief but onshore pushes smoke inland...

Many have no idea of the land mass involved.

/ Sunset photos #130  
Nice view, just need to get those clouds removed :laughing: