Sunshade

/ Sunshade #1  

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
I pickup and mounted my new Kioti sunshade on my DK 35.
I like the sunshade, but noticed a significant increase in the noise level echoing off the sunshade.
This is something that never crossed my mind, but there is a definate increase in the noise level. Anyone else notice this ?

/ Sunshade #2  
I assume your talking about the fiberglass model? I personally use an umbrella from Hammerblow that mounts on my ROPS and that has not added any noise to my rig. Besides it is easy to dismount when I'm mowing up next to the wood lines. See my last post "Dynamic Duo"

Jeff

/ Sunshade #3  
I read recently on the other boards that an owner glued rigid insulation under the canopy roof and said it reduced the new noise....

/ Sunshade
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I assume your talking about the fiberglass model )</font>

Yes, fiberglass

/ Sunshade
I may try something in the future, maybe foam, or like you said insulation

/ Sunshade #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( . Anyone else notice this ? )</font>

I did not with my tractor.

RedDog

/ Sunshade #7  
Okay, you installed a canopy. So where's the picture to prove it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ Sunshade #8  
I sell the "Ardvark" shade.. It's made of diamond plate aluminum, with insulation on the underside. Its Quiet and best of all when you whack a tree and the metal bends, you can bend it back. The fiberglass will break.

Either way the cost of a sun shade is much cheeper than cutting off a skin cancer. (noses, ears, etc,etc)

virg

/ Sunshade
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Okay, you installed a canopy. So where's the picture to prove it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John )</font>

John,
I will get the pictures eventually.
I've been so busy lately I keep forgeting.

/ Sunshade #10  
I have been borrowing a friends JD 950 while I wait for a CK30. It is much noiser than my CK20. Anyway I went out and picked up some sound deadening ear protectors, with an AM/FM radio in it. About $44. The only problem with using them on the JD is its' ignition system interfers with the radio. Inexpensive alternative, multiple uses and fun too.