Sunstar Head Replacement

/ Sunstar Head Replacement #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
I am replacing one of the heads on my (early 90's) Sunstar and have a couple of questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer.

I have removed the old head and gasket and am ready to install the new one. Do I need to use any gasket sealant. I'm pretty sure that this is a stupid question because the gasket seems to be made of a graphite material and I didn't find any traces of gasket sealant while cleaning up the surface. I just want to make sure.

The other question was about torquing the bolts. Is it required to torque these bolts down? There are no specifications about it in the instructions, but I would think that you wouldn't want to over tighten these bolts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Mark

/ Sunstar Head Replacement
I am replacing one of the heads on my (early 90's) Sunstar and have a couple of questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer.

I have removed the old head and gasket and am ready to install the new one. Do I need to use any gasket sealant. I'm pretty sure that this is a stupid question because the gasket seems to be made of a graphite material and I didn't find any traces of gasket sealant while cleaning up the surface. I just want to make sure.

The other question was about torquing the bolts. Is it required to torque these bolts down? There are no specifications about it in the instructions, but I would think that you wouldn't want to over tighten these bolts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:

Mark

Never mind, found it myself. If anyone needs the info............

Magnum - Twin Cylinder Torque Values & Sequences for Fasteners

Thanks anyhow
Mark