Super Duty Lead Times

/ Super Duty Lead Times #21  
I ordered my F350 XL back in 2017 on August 5 and was delivered on September 19. Took about 6 weeks & 3 days without a plandemic with part shortages to deal with. Not my DD so I don't rack up the mileage - just rolled past 3 years and only 6500 miles. My first Ford vehicle. Got exactly what I wanted and would not change a thing. Good luck with your order.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #22  
Any of you guys look at the 2020 7.3 gasser? I'm thinking about one in a 250. I've had the 6.7 diesel before, but feel I don't need it now.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #23  
I just bought a 2021 f350 in December .single/regular cab 4x4 , 7.3 gas , 4.30 differential gears, gooseneck / fifth wheel prep installed, 11,400 gvwr. Single rear wheel. Stickered at 4666lb payload. For my use was exactly what I'd been looking for. Use it for my daily driver which is only about 10,000 miles/year. Without going over the CGWR can pull my tandem dual gooseneck which weighs 8k and my Volvo ec60e excavator at just under 13k . Just occasionally pick up a job where I need to move it off the farm. Around town , short mile usage I'm getting about 12/13 mpg which is only about 1 mpg less than my previous 2500hd Chevy 6.0. For the 30% increase in tow capacity I'll take that any day. Like the fact just a old school big block no need for turbo cause they gave the engine enough displacement to get the job done, thanks Ford. So far for my use/needs fits the bill perfectly . Check out The Fast Lane videos where they test out and compare the latest PU pulling up the Ike gauntlet. Now for someone that pulls more often , long hauls , heavier, dually diesel absolutely, but for a lot of people I think Ford hit the nail on the head with this one.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #24  
Any of you guys look at the 2020 7.3 gasser? I'm thinking about one in a 250. I've had the 6.7 diesel before, but feel I don't need it now.

I have driven one,...they go really good. I had considered trading my 17 F450 V10 Dump truck for one..But mine is paid for..and has 8K miles on it...So I passed. If it were a daily driver, I still like the feel of the diesel and the never ending torque.. But they are another 10K. My F350 PSD gets about 18/19 mpg empty as a driver.. I think 9/10 mpg is realistic in the Godzilla 7.3....that extra fuel adds up.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #25  
I have driven one,...they go really good. I had considered trading my 17 F450 V10 Dump truck for one..But mine is paid for..and has 8K miles on it...So I passed. If it were a daily driver, I still like the feel of the diesel and the never ending torque.. But they are another 10K. My F350 PSD gets about 18/19 mpg empty as a driver.. I think 9/10 mpg is realistic in the Godzilla 7.3....that extra fuel adds up.

Is the 7.3 gas engine available in the F450 chassis now? Last time I looked (it's been a while) it wasn't, you had to go diesel.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #26  
Yes , it's there base engine all the way up to f750

/ Super Duty Lead Times #27  
Oh man, I probably shouldn't have learned that...

/ Super Duty Lead Times #28  
Yes, it was a long time ago that I ordered my 1990 F250 and things have changed. It was ordered in the last few days of November and I took delivery on the 5th of May. Rumor was that manual hubs were on back order.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #29  

I was wondering about the fuel mileage myself. I could live with 15, not sure about 10... I sure liked the torque of the diesel myself; but the extra care, oil changes, etc have me questioning that. I really need / want more than my f150...

/ Super Duty Lead Times #30  
Is the 7.3 gas engine available in the F450 chassis now? Last time I looked (it's been a while) it wasn't, you had to go diesel.

Yes the V10 is gone. The 7.3 can be had in the 450/550 DRW dump and Utility body trucks as well as the SRW 250/350 trucks.