Price Check Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right
I agree with most of you. Like I said, I don’t need to trade off. Would I like to? Sure. But, it’ll be on my terms, or those I am willing to accept. These recent terms weren’t even close.
I’m sure I could sell it in a week or two, but they even gave me a price to buy the tractor outright, and it was more than MSRP. And really, they have 18 on order, and don’t have a clue when they’ll be in. Sorry. Not interested. The family-owned dealer they bought out was fair with me many times. This new owner owns five dealers. These big boys just want to own the market in the region. I may drive 200 miles to buy my next one.

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #22  
As someone that is actively shopping at this current time I can say that there are dealers out there that are willing to deal. The dealers are not in a great position either. A lot of them as has been stated can not get a reliable supply of inventory which is making it difficult for some of them to sell when there is nothing for customers to come and see and lay their eyes on. Yes there are dealers that are price gouging right now and that's to be expected but competition is still at work like it is in any time. At the end of the day you are faced with the same challenge you are at any time in the market, call around and get a price.

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #23  
Re: Supply/Demand Doesn稚 Seem Right

Now, Im not John Thomas, but I'm kind of his red-headed stepchild in terms of quantity of tractors traded,
I would hope not. That is not a person you should ever take after.

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #24  
Bottom line is; don't buy the hype. Take charge and tell them what you're willing to pay. If you don't get it, be ready to walk out the door. If you do get the price you want, be courteous enough to make the deal.

I agree and always try to operate this way. My last 2 trucks were purchased with the entire deal being made over the phone and online. They gave me a trade in value based on emailed photos. I told them straight up over the phone if the truck isn't what I say it is when you see it in person, neither of us is obligated and I go back home in a truck I'm still perfectly happy with. These were dealers 1 and 2 hours from home.
They gave me a trade in value I could live with as well as the price on the new truck. I drove down, signed the papers and came home with new truck. That's how it should work. Everyone stuck to their word and the deal was done. No bait & switch on their end, no fake promises of a sale if the numbers are right on my end.

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #26  
ummmm... Hokay.

Why??

Ok so I just got off the phone with the top guy at Kubota here in my division and he said what is going on with the supply problem at Kubota is this:

"We (Kubota) have been having the best year every year for the past 10 years and were already at capacity. Then Covid hit and Kubota had to shut down it's factory which put them behind. The regular demand doubled and tripled and by the time Kubota reopened their factories the demand was out of control. Then several of the suppliers were not able to supply parts or supply them fast enough which put more kinks in the chain. So he thinks it will not be until June or July until Kubota will be able to get caught up and get the situation back under control."

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #27  
Ok so I just got off the phone with the top guy at Kubota here in my division and he said what is going on with the supply problem at Kubota is this:

"We (Kubota) have been having the best year every year for the past 10 years and were already at capacity. Then Covid hit and Kubota had to shut down it's factory which put them behind. The regular demand doubled and tripled and by the time Kubota reopened their factories the demand was out of control. Then several of the suppliers were not able to supply parts or supply them fast enough which put more kinks in the chain. So he thinks it will not be until June or July until Kubota will be able to get caught up and get the situation back under control."

Thanks.

/ Supply/Demand Doesn’t Seem Right #28  
Exactly what most tractor owners were thinking.