Supply is getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Supply is getting better #61  
No question that I support US over Russia. I live in the state that is the 2nd largest producer of natural gas. We have a 1.6 billion budget surplus this year due to oil/gas. But I’m still doubtful that shipping overseas is cost competitive with a pipeline.

Short term, yes. Middle term, unknown. Long term, no.
Agree?
Remember, the ships are already built. The ports are already there. The rail infrastructure is already there (here in PA/DE/NJ) to get the gas from upstate PA right to port on the Delaware River and into the Atlantic.
Been that way for decades.

/ Supply is getting better #63  
you’ve taken me off ignore tough guy farmer? (y)
Seeing the light? :)
Not really. I can selectively view your comments if I want to and if I don't, I don't.

After your last couple PM's to me, I realized that you are not only a troll but a pseudo tough guy as well.

/ Supply is getting better #64  
Wouldn't that mean there would be more natural gas available in the U.S. so prices for us should go down?
NO.
NG produces CO2 when burned. Where have you been? Everything has to be converted to run on flashlight batteries. 😜

/ Supply is getting better #65  
NO.
NG produces CO2 when burned. Where have you been? Everything has to be converted to run on flashlight batteries. 😜
Not happening where I live. Our power plants are converting from coal to NG.

/ Supply is getting better #66  
There's going to be shortages until we beat covid globally. People who are sick or dead can't go to their factory jobs to make stuff. They can't drive trucks or crew ships either.
Recent statistics show most of those people had several comorbidities.
They weren’t working in factories, driving trucks or ships anyway. There are exceptions, but most were too old & sick, even without Covid.

/ Supply is getting better #67  
Inflation is way higher once you count in rent/housing and energy costs. It's closer to 15%. The CPI excludes this as thy say it's to volatile :rolleyes:

What's missing from this--and many other--discussions of inflation is ANY mention of the role of fiscal and monetary policy. Spending went from $4.4T in 2019 to $6.6T in 2020 and $6.8T in 2021; Fed balance sheet doubled; and money supply increased by 40%!

It all boils down to the fed protecting the boomer class. They are protecting their 401ks and housing, by raising housing prices, it benefits the old at the expense of the young. it's as simple as that. we live in a gerontocracy

Our <35 generation is screwed. Their only hope is they have rich parents that will help them along...their purchasing power is so much lower than their parents.

/ Supply is getting better #68  
Chip shortage
Yep. The new GM trucks I see driving around the area seem to all be white and the commercial grade, I guess owing to the fact that whatever the chips in short supply, the low end trucks don't use them.

/ Supply is getting better #70  
Yep. The new GM trucks I see driving around the area seem to all be white and the commercial grade, I guess owing to the fact that whatever the chips in short supply, the low end trucks don't use them.
Or that they are shifting focus onto commercial accounts/buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.