Suspension Seat 15 Series

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series #1  

AchingBack

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615HST
I need to replace the original seat with a more comfortable one. My dealer doesn't have one which is a direct fit. Has anyone replaced their seat with a suspension type? How difficult was it to do? I believe all of the 15 series used the identical seat.

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series #2  
I replaced my seat With a suspension seat from Seat Warehouse.
had to do some minor alterations to get the holes to line up, but it wasn’t difficult to change over.

the new seat takes the harshness out of the ride, but doesn’t eliminate the really hard jolts

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series #3  
I can tell you how hard this would be but my 2638 OEM seat is the best seat I have ever sat in whether it be a car, truck, or RV. It is extremely comfortable.

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series #4  
I waited 4 years to replace my OEM seat with a suspension. 4 years too long.

I used two 2x6's to fabricate the new bolt pattern line up for the seat, and still use the existing hole pattern on the tractor deck. By doing this it also raised the seat 1½" which was just fine with my long legs.

The big measurement you need to watch is the width of the seat, to make sure it fits between your operating levers on each side of the current seat. Moving and refabricating levers is no fun.

But like Rgr33 said, it smooths out the ride, but not like a car suspension.

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series #5  
I need a seat too. Seat Warehouse website is apparently closed.

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series

I used two 2x6's to fabricate the new bolt pattern line up for the seat, and still use the existing hole pattern on the tractor deck. By doing this it also raised the seat 1½" which was just fine with my long legs.

The big measurement you need to watch is the width of the seat, to make sure it fits between your operating levers on each side of the current seat. Moving and refabricating levers is no fun.

Thanks for the tip. Just what I need to know for fabrication.

/ Suspension Seat 15 Series

I need to replace the original seat with a more comfortable one. My dealer doesn't have one which is a direct fit. Has anyone replaced their seat with a suspension type? How difficult was it to do? I believe all of the 15 series used the identical seat.
I wound up buying this seat from my Mahindra dealer. One New Black Triback Universal Tractor Suspension Seat Fits Massey Ferguson 230 231 234 234H 234S 235 240 245 250 | Tractor Parts Shop. After some head scratching,This turned out to be a fairly easy installation.
Simply remove the old seat, and the sliding mechanism plate. Cut a piece of 1/2" plywood about 12 1/2". Mount the new seat to the plywood. Mount the plywood to the existing tractor base.
Before I figured it out I thought I would need to tap and drill holes in the sheet metal. Not at all necessary.
The seat is available on Amazon for about $30 less than I paid at my Mahindra dealer, but Amazon didn't give me a free can of red paint, and I didn't have to wait for shipping.
Besides that, I detest Bezos and Amazon.