Swapping R1's for R4's L5740

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #1  

greenrider1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC
I was looking at a used L5030 to purchase but have since found a lightly used L5740 for sale in my area. The only drawback is the 5740 has R1 tires, which I'm not really fond of. I'm selling my L3710 with R4's to my brother, and he would rather have R1's. These two tractors take the same size R4's,10-16.5 front and 17.5-24 rear, so my question is, has anyone swapped tires between the 10 series and new 40 series or does anyone know if it will work? I called my local dealer, and all they could tell me is that the wheels are a different part number, but they didn't have any specs on the wheels (lug pattern and offset) for the two models.

On another note, would anyone be interested in a possible trade if I buy this tractor, my R1's for your R4's? I'm going to look at it Wednesday and any help would be appreciated.

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #2  
sent you PM

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740
OK, well I guess I answered one of my own questions. It looks like the L5740 has 8-lug rear wheels whereas the L3710 has 6 lug rears, so that idea won't work.

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #4  
If they take the same size tire.....
Swap the tires... its going to be a bit of work doing the swap... but not near as hard as it sounds... KennyV

If they take the same size tire.....
Swap the tires... its going to be a bit of work doing the swap... but not near as hard as it sounds... KennyV

Problem is, the R1's don't fit the R4 rims and vice versa. I would need to swap the entire wheel/tire, and that won't work, since I've recently learned the rear rims are different. Its too bad tire manufacturers don't make R1 and R4 tires that would fit the same wheels. Same tire size but different tread patterns.

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #6  
Are the rims solid? Some have an outer ring ... I don't know about the Kubota. If they are maybe the outer would bolt on and switch that way?

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #8  
Greenrider, why do you want R4s (not being critical, just trying to learn)? Thanks, Jim

/ Swapping R1's for R4's L5740 #9  
If the wheel centers have the same rim bolt pattern, simply unbolt the rims from the centers and swap.

SDT

Sorry, I should have closed or updated this thread. I ended up buying a new L5740 with R4's already on it plus a bunch of other goodies. Thanks.