symbols

/ symbols #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
can someone explain what these symbols are and why they appear in the text?
1鐔 3鐔

/ symbols #2  
I get things like that a lot when I copy and paste from articles to the forum. I think it is just font recognition failures, usually punctuation.

Bruce

/ symbols
None of that corrects the problem. What I copied from an earlier post contained an i with two dots above the i. When I pasted it to this op we get the e as it appears. So it's looking as if we will never know if a fraction was meant to be or degrees in temperature or other. I just wish what I type in plain *** english would show in plain *** english and not some foreign alphabet I can't read.

/ symbols #5  
You could try right clicking and choosing "Paste as plain text".

He added, “I feel confident
He added, “I feel confident

/ symbols #6  
Might work, might not. I can't find anything I want to quote that contains problem characters.

/ symbols #7  
I feel your pain. Maybe if you contacted Muhammad (the TBN system administrator) he could flip a switch or something to invoke WYSIWYG? :confused3: In the meantime try the editor options and see if that helps ... MY HOME --> General Settings --> Message Editor Interface (3 options)

/ symbols
I'll duplicate the following information later with some numbers and common symbols to test how the site interprets them. These will not be copied from anywhere but come from my old hunt and peck fingers that never took typing and barely know how to copy.

It was eighteen degrees fahrenheit yesterday and we are hoping the temperature will climb a hundred percent in a couple of days. We would rather not be below thirty two degrees fahrenheit for any length of time.

/ symbols
It was 18°F yesterday and we were hoping the temperature will climb a 100% in a couple of days. We would rather not be below 32°F for any length of time.