T233, stuck in float.

/ T233, stuck in float. #1  

jigs_n_fixtures

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T233
So, last night I pushed the joystick hard forward and teh loader went into float..

It is now stuck there, and I can’t figure out how to get it out of float. The bucket curl works, but the forward and backward of the stick to raise/lower aren’t there.

Any Hints on how ot get it out. I have the service manual and parts book, but no operators manual.

Does anyone have a link to the Operators manual?

/ T233, stuck in float. #2  
I’m not familiar. But mine don’t go into float from sitting outside after my parents died. Gunk snd dried up copper coat in the bottom of the loader valve body give issues. I took the two caps off the bottom of the valve body and cleaned up. I bet the little balls in there that’s under a sleeve inside there are stuck. You should be able to take the caps off the valve body underneath the joystick and take a look.

/ T233, stuck in float.
Blew the entire valve body off with brake cleaner to get anything which might get into things off. And, then, pulled the longer of the two caps on the front of the valve body off, and the plunger was stuck in the longer of the two, wiggled and pulled on it, and it came off very stubbornly. There was a sludge in the cap, which looked like aluminum powder...blew that our with the brake cleaner, and put things back together. Every thing is working fine now.

Good thing, I need to use the forks tomorrow, have a grapple and a 48-inch rock bucket on the way. They are scheduled to deliver tomorrow, and I’ll need the forks to get them off the truck.

/ T233, stuck in float. #4  
Moisture will get inside those caps and cause all sorts of issues. Make sure you clean it inside and then spray some sort of lube on it, like Fluid Film or something similar.

/ T233, stuck in float.
Instead of a ball detent, it has a split ring. Which has to be scraping the aluminum housing all the time. I didn’t add any lube. Itis wet at all times from the hydraulic fluid. Guess I could put something in there I’ll have to look into what won’t break down or react with the hydraulic fluid.