T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe

/ T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe #1  

roc2112

Tractor
2022 TYM T264
Do I really need to hook up the check chains with the sub frame pin when I am using the TB65 Backhoe on my 2022 T264, what a pain.

/ T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe #2  
Just checked the install manual and unfortunately yes. It is the only thing that is locking the subframe in place. If it helps though it looks like the three point lower arms, lift links and check chains can be removed. Don't know why they show it still in place when the backhoe is installed. That doesn't make much sense.

/ T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe
Just checked the install manual and unfortunately yes. It is the only thing that is locking the subframe in place. If it helps though it looks like the three point lower arms, lift links and check chains can be removed. Don't know why they show it still in place when the backhoe is installed. That doesn't make much sense.
I'm Still putting the j pins to lock the BH subframe but it doesnt look like i need to also attach the check chains. The lower arms are not going anywhere with the backhoe on.

/ T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe #4  
Yeah, understand that. The biggest problem is some numb nuts originally designed it to be installed with the rear tires off according to step 4 in the install manual.

Attachments

• TB65 Backhoe Installation Manual.pdf
    876.9 KB · Views: 87
Yea it's easy without the wheel on lol. The question is are they necessary.

/ T264 Check Chains while using TB65 backhoe #6  
Yes they are. Without those installed when you go to pull the bucket towards you, the subframe will pull out of it's mounting points. Hooking up the check chains too though is not needed.

Thanks for the info!