T293 Joystick Cable Connection Help

/ T293 Joystick Cable Connection Help #1  

kenb1023

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Cub Cadet XT1 and 2010 TYM T293
The cable for the bucket articulation keeps pooping out of the joystick. I can articulate up with no issue. Every now and then and maybe a bit more than that when I go to down articulate nothing happens. If I grab the cable and push it up hard into the joystick then it works again for a while. Is there some sort of locking pin or something that may be missing or loose that holds the cable in place? How do I fix this?

/ T293 Joystick Cable Connection Help
This what I have. The collar that has the threads in it keeps coming out. Is there a way to lock it in there?
Joystick.jpg

So what I have done, used brake cleaner followed by electrical cleaner to make sure the is no oil, grease or dirt in the hole for the bushing. Useg a mini pointed file to rough up the plastic in the tube, smeared JB Weld on the bushing and drove it back up into the tube of the housing. It was very tight with the JB Weld on it. Letting it cure now. Will add a holding clamp to make extra sure it never pops out again. Will add a picture to the clamp when I make it.

So this is the hold down clamp or bracket I made. It is a scrap piece of aluminum angle bar. I used the lower joystick mounting bolt to hold it in place. We will see how it holds.
Joystick Fix 1.jpg
Joystick Fix 2.jpg

/ T293 Joystick Cable Connection Help #5  
Looks like a good home-brew fix kenb1023! I hope it stays solid and continues to work for you. One would think that the threaded portion of the cable screws up into the holder portion and the nut locks it into place. But, apparently the nibs at the bottom of the round part are what hold the cable in place?

I've not had problems with the actual joystick connections (yet) but I have had to come up with my own home brew fixes for other things.

My original joystick spool gave me problems with the curl/dump becoming "extremely" difficult to move at all and I cracked the fiberglass fender where it attaches.

Needed to beef that area up with some scrap metal and then replace the entire loader valve. Not fun at all!! Hang in there. Greg

I am going to have to give a shot of lubricant. When I cleaned it out I think I did to good of a job but it is working now.