T330 Loader Control Valve

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #51  
OK, here is the update, I broke the control cable going to the loader valve. I went to my dealer today and picked up a new cable ($50) and received basic info on how to replace it, the service side was closed today. I have reinstalled the cable now all I have to do is reconnect the joystick to the cable end which is a steel ball on a shaft. There are three, the center one in the picture which really is on a corner is stationary and the joystick pivots on it. The left and right ends in the picture controls the FEL and the bucket. I can get any two in their slots but not all three. I stopped today before I tried to force it and break the gray piece which is cast something. The joystick actually screws into the top of the gray piece and I don't know if it is available separately if I break it. I do know that the whole joystick control is $800 so I don't want to go there!

My question now is has anyone had to deal with this in the past? Any hints on how to get all three "balls" into the piece in the picture? I have tried many combinations of raising or lowering the cable ends, different angles etc.

View attachment 452419

I would think you have to remove the retaining plate to free the ball(s) and fasten it back when all three balls are inserted in the "swash" armature.
Edit:
The answer above is wrong. I just looked at FEL control on my tractor. I think you need to unbolt the "fixed" ball, insert it to the "swash" armature and bolt it back.

Last edited:
   / T330 Loader Control Valve #52  
Ladia,
I tried that, when the other two are connected there is not enough room to slide the fixed one back in place. I will look at it again, I tried so many combinations already I may not have had the other two in a looser or higher position. Thanks!

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #53  
BTW my tractor is over 10 years old, has about 1100 hours and so far I don't have issue with FEL control. But my tractor sleeps 99% of time inside.

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #54  
Take the bolts out that hold the joystick unit to the tractor. Under the base that is a allen bolt that holds the center pivot ball in place. Remove the allen bolt and slide it out. Put the ball head in the triangle plate and angle it downward so you can slide it over the two cable ball heads at the same time as you put it back in the housing. When down in put the allen bolt back in and try the joystick. If all works bolt it back to the fender brace. Note- In some cases you may need to adjust the bucket and boom cables higher to get everything to slide together.

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #55  
Pete, thanks I think I just don't think I have the cables high enough. I will try it and let you both know.

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #56  
Ladia and Pete,

You both had the right idea, I just needed to adjust the ball ends of the cable more to finally get it to fit into the triangular plate. It still took a few more combinations to get it right. Thanks for being so helpful!! I have to give a shout out to my TYM dealer, Jordan's Tractor in Post Falls Idaho, for being helpful and having a good supply of parts in stock.

Ladia - I only "garage" my tractor in the pole barn during winter when I move my wife's jeep into town and move my truck from the pole barn to the house garage. My wife doesn't like driving down the mountain in the winter so I drop her off at her jeep when she has errands. The rest of the time I cover the tractor with a tarp but only to the steps. I figured that left enough airspace to prevent too much condensation, maybe I am wrong.

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #57  
I know it's an old thread... hopefully, this will help some understand the loader valve issue on these tractors.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Valve corrosion.JPG
    Valve corrosion.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 94
  • Valve corrosion2.JPG
    Valve corrosion2.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 101
   / T330 Loader Control Valve
late.. reply..if anyone cares.
vmax540--yes these valves vent upward Causing issues. Not many options to remedy it. Tried slicone sealing holes and keep lubed. I had my vavle replaced adding a new lever mounted vavle and plate mount off of loader like the older tractors had. no cable crap to deal with... it has been awesome for the past 12 or so years.