t4.90 Joystick control stuck

/ t4.90 Joystick control stuck #1  

JasonMiller

Tractor
NewHolland
My neighbor has a NewHolland T4.90 that was fine yesterday but today he jumped in the tractor only to find the joystick controls will not move left and right for the bale spear / bucket. The joystick controls forward and back are fine and allow the loader raise and lower. I am not a tractor mechanic (yet) but I was ASE certified and did turn wrenches for Chrysler for over 10 years. I understand the issue with this tractor could be cables or the spool valve and I will take a look at those later this evening if that is the direction this forum leads me and after my neighbor is done cutting hay for the day. My questions are how does the lock on the side of the joystick work? Does it lock the joystick in all directions? Can the joystick lock allow the joystick to move forward and back but not left to right?

/ t4.90 Joystick control stuck #2  
I believe the lock only locks up and down, but it could lock side to side too. It will not lock side to side only.

Most likely the cable clamp came loose on the bucket spool.

/ t4.90 Joystick control stuck #3  
My neighbor has a NewHolland T4.90 that was fine yesterday but today he jumped in the tractor only to find the joystick controls will not move left and right for the bale spear / bucket. The joystick controls forward and back are fine and allow the loader raise and lower. I am not a tractor mechanic (yet) but I was ASE certified and did turn wrenches for Chrysler for over 10 years. I understand the issue with this tractor could be cables or the spool valve and I will take a look at those later this evening if that is the direction this forum leads me and after my neighbor is done cutting hay for the day. My questions are how does the lock on the side of the joystick work? Does it lock the joystick in all directions? Can the joystick lock allow the joystick to move forward and back but not left to right?
They have a 3 position lock. position 1 is all the way out, completely active unlocked. Position 2 locks or blocks side motion, position 3 is fully locked.