Tractor News T5 coming with Autocommand?

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #1  

Tonkatoys

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 Deere 4720. 2012 Cat 305E CR
Read a rumor somewhere that someone high up at New Holland mentioned to the press that a new T5 is in the pipeline with an AutoCommand transmission like the T6 has. Might be introduced in France Ag show. If so this would be very interesting.

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #2  
What does the autocommand do?

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #3  
I bought one back in November, T5 115. Auto command. Sweet ride

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #4  
Auto command is the transmission type. Look it up on you tube. Good discription of how it works

/ T5 coming with Autocommand?
I think you bought a T5 with Electro Command not Auto Command. There is a considerable difference. The auto command is like the ivt on the big Deere tractors. It's an infinitely adjustable transmission with no set gear changes. All automatic. This possibility is exciting for me since the smallest tractor it's available on so far is the T6. I'm not sure I want that much tractor, but a t5 would be awesome.

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #6  
I stand corrected . Read it to fast But i do love the electro command. Going to look into the t.6 though

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #7  
What is the difference between the auto command and the CVT transmission?

/ T5 coming with Autocommand? #9  
Auto Command may be ok for larger tractors/ higher horsepower where you are working hour after hour at a constant speed like plowing, discing or mowing but for back and forth work like moving piles of sand, gravel or dirt the transmission has some problems. I bought a brand new Boomer 3050 in 2014 with the CVT transmission and sold it 11 months later after three incidents where someone could have been injured or killed. Since the CVT does not have a manual clutch it does not react properly when the engine is put under maximum stress and will suddenly go into a " safe mode" where the transmission is in a self imposed neutral. At that point the driver has to turn the engine off and then back on to re- boot the computer to get the transmission to work. This is dangerous when you are rolling down a hill backwards and into 30 feet of water. I upgraded to a NH T4.75 and will never own a tractor with CVT again. I have owned and operated 16 tractors in the past 46 years and have never had such a dangerous unit. CVT can also go into " safe mode" while moving forward into a pile of gravel/ dirt and buck so hard it can literally throw you out of the seat if not wearing the seat belt. I had it go into " safe mode" another time while having a 850+ pound limb lifted 8 feet above the ground. Yes, you have the option to turn the " safe mode" off but then the engine stalls when put under stress. No more Auto Command/CVT for me if these are in fact a similar transmission. Below is a picture of the day the Boomer 3050 with CVT left the property and the T4.75 with 12X12 transmission arrived....
Boomer3050 And T4.75.jpg

Last edited:
   / T5 coming with Autocommand?
I may be wrong but I think the transmission you had in the little tractor was a hydrostatic transmission not a cvt. It was most likely a very similar transmission to the Ehydro on my little John Deere. The Auto Command (New Holland) IVT (Deere) or CVT (case) are all similar and I believe based on dual clutch mechanical transmission that is controlled by a computer.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

ST20575R15 Unused Trailer Tires (A32932)
ST20575R15 Unused...
Hino Diesel Particulate Filter, (A33079)
Hino Diesel...
437 (A33237)
437 (A33237)
2 John Deere arm rests (A34236)
2 John Deere arm...
(3) Pallets of  Oxy Acetylene Hoses, Wire Welder Parts, Hoses & Regulators (A33349)
(3) Pallets of...
Unused GIYI GY-72X 72in Mulcher Attachment, (A33078)
Unused GIYI GY-72X...