T6 replacement

/ T6 replacement #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
Given up trying to locate T6 locally, considering the following for tractor. anyone have personal experience with this oil, recommendations, etc.
not really interested in a thread of what forum members use for their own engine oil, just something specific on this Mobil 1 product. it seems to be in good supply around here
thanks in advance

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...il-5w-40-1-gallon/mobh/t5401?brand=true&pos=0

/ T6 replacement #4  
good call, will keep it in mind, wondering the difference. thx
Not sure, base number is better on the Delvac. Been using it for 17years on a SCUT without problems. It was the only brand of 0W40 I could find at that time for cold winter use. Not so much the temperature, as unheated storage and no block heater, needed the motor to spin as easily as possible when cranking over.

/ T6 replacement #5  
My Duramax was using oil, around a quart every 5k miles, when I was running Mobil TDT 5w-40. I switched to Rotella T6 5w-40 and it stopped using oil completely. I've never tried it in any of my tractors since the Rotella works better in my truck, and it's just easier to run the same oil in everything. I'll run Rotella T4 15w-40 before I'd switch back to Mobil. I can still find T4 here and there but haven't seen any T6 for several months. I believe the Delvac 5w-40 is very similar to TDT 5w-40.

/ T6 replacement #8  
Chevron Delo 5w-40 is another good choice.

I haven't run the M1 5w-40 in my tractor but had in my Powerstroke. Not impressed. Burnt or leaked even more than normal, like greenrider. Plus I'm convinced that it was louder (if thats possible). I'm sure if you did oil analysis, it would perform fine, but its all perception.

/ T6 replacement #9  
Ive been seeing Rotella 5w40 in both Tractor Supply and Rural King lately.
Price has gone up.

/ T6 replacement
thanks for all responses, maybe T6 will make a comeback, hope so