tach reading wrong on 3215

/ tach reading wrong on 3215
Well, my tractor finally acted up for the techs today. I was starting to get worried because I've been speaking with them every day since last friday and they were not able to duplicate my concern until this afternoon. The weather has been gradually warming up as well to about 72 today and I think that helped. They only needed to run the tractor about 5 minutes and then the tach went haywire. And then everyone scratched their heads!:rolleyes: What was causing this? The tach is indeed mechanically driven by one cable that comes out of the engine and connects right into the tach. So why was temperature affecting it? Their only answer was that the mechanism inside the tach is friction driven and something internally was malfunctioning. I tend to agree. So they ordered a whole new instrument panel which should be in friday. If that is indeed the fix, I'll be seeing my tractor again early next week. Can't wait. I'm suprised how much I miss the little guy already and it's not even been a week!:(

/ tach reading wrong on 3215
The tractor came home yesterday. It took exactly 2 weeks to get the repair done. The new instrument cluster came in Tuesday and they installed it either late Tuesday or early Wednesday. The tech seemed very confident that this would fix the problem, so we'll just have to wait and see. Started her up yesterday and today and drove her around and the tach seems ok. All the other guages and the backlighting works as well. Yahoo! Interesting good news is they didn't reset the odometer to the original hours so I get a free 52hrs. I guess it wasn't worth it to change considering the low hrs., but it would have been interesting if I had 200 hrs on her.:D The only thing wrong appears the instrument panel housing is not on correctly. There are gaps on the left side about 1/2" where it's a tight seam on the right. I'll have to take a closer look at it this weekend. I'm already lined up to load up a few cubic yards of manure to haul off. Fun,fun,fun!!

/ tach reading wrong on 3215 #13  
......Hi Chris, I'm glad the unit is replaced! But wow, a gap on one side is a problem. I replaced mine (myself) 3 times; it's not difficult to put it back together properly. It's amazing they did not get it right; very poor quality work. You need to align it, and mount it correctly ASAP, because moisture and debris can enter. It's a real pain when junk gets into the instrument panel; you can see it but cannot remove it, without taking the whole thing out again!