Tachometer for a BX2200

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #1  

Barneyhunts

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240 Kubota B7800, Kubota BX2200
I have a BX2200 with a little less than 400 hrs and was wondering if there is a tachometer made for this machine?

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #2  
I highly recomend the tiny tach. (it's the only one I found for a diesel) It works very well and they have great tech support.
Tiny-Tach: Diesel Tachometers

It's a little pricy but worth it in my opinion.

You can search the forums here for tiny tach also. There was some disussion on it before kubota put tach on their bx line.

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #3  
I have the tiny tach and would highly recommend it to anyone that does not have a factory tach. They are well made and mine has given me over 5 years of service with no issues.

/ Tachometer for a BX2200
Thanks for the info. on the tiny tach. Is it hard to install? How does it work on the three cyl. diesel?
Thanks again!:)

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #5  
Since I purchased mine with the tach installed I can't give much feedback on installation. Seems like it would be fairly simple. As to how it works, the pickup wire just attaches to one of the cylinders, on the injector line, doesn't matter which one. Works on all sizes of diesel engines.

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #6  
jruss said:
As to how it works, the pickup wire just attaches to one of the cylinders, on the injector line, doesn't matter which one.

Does this mean if I get a mid-80's Cadillac with the 8-6-4 engine, I have to know which cylinders always fire? :rolleyes:

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #7  
Tiny Tack is the only way to go, awesome product. Great on the tractor and you can install them on other vehicles too.

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #8  
Here is how I did mine. Took about 30 minutes.
It's been out in the hot Arizona sun for three years and still works fine.

Attachments

• 100_0554.jpg
    100_0554.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_0555.jpg
    100_0555.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 217
   / Tachometer for a BX2200 #9  
It works on any diesel engine. (as long as you buy the diesel version) I think you might have to specify how many cylinders it has when you order. Mine got messed up and was reading wrong and I had to reset it. The guys at tiny tach were very helpful in resolving the problem.
The pickup just goes around any injector line.

/ Tachometer for a BX2200 #10  
Here's a picture of the transducer installed on the line, doesn't matter which of the three you put it on, the instructions tell you to clean the paint off the area to be used. One wire hooks to transducer one to ground and one to battery.

Attachments

• transducerlocation.jpg
    transducerlocation.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 245