Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion???

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion??? #1  

drizler

Platinum Member
After buying a Ferguson TO 20 17 years ago with worn out chains and nursing them along till now I finally lost track of them so I am using the occasion to get new ones. My Tractor has oversize tires 11.2 by 28's. The cheapest I can find believe it or not is Tractor Supply. Of course they don't get a direct fit but I'll chance it locally as I can take them back. Theirs will fit a 28 by 14.9 which in my calculations should just give a couple inches on each side extra which should bring it down by the rim which "SEEMS" to me to be fine. $189 price is decent.
Is my sizing deduction ok and how good is PEERLESS CHAIN? I have heard of them and think they are decent but would rather hear it from someone who has better info. Do need the spring tension kit they sell for $20 or is the good old bungy cord method I have used work better? Thanks

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion??? #2  
Hi drizler, i don't know about your tractor supply but mine lists that price for one chain, they are not sold in pairs the way i read it(hope im wrong). ray

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion???
Hi drizler, i don't know about your tractor supply but mine lists that price for one chain, they are not sold in pairs the way i read it(hope im wrong). ray

Wow Ray, you aren't wrong. Whats wrong is those fools prices. For that sort of money they better be made out of stainless which they're not. :mad: Thanks for the heads up. It saved me giving somebody **** for being so overpriced,. It's not all that bad really, they are only $150 overpriced and best of it I'll bet they're made in China.

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion??? #4  
I'll try to post a link to the most reasonable tire chain dealer I've found.
Tire Chains by TireChains.com

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion??? #9  
After buying a Ferguson TO 20 17 years ago with worn out chains and nursing them along till now I finally lost track of them so I am using the occasion to get new ones. My Tractor has oversize tires 11.2 by 28's. The cheapest I can find believe it or not is Tractor Supply. Of course they don't get a direct fit but I'll chance it locally as I can take them back. Theirs will fit a 28 by 14.9 which in my calculations should just give a couple inches on each side extra which should bring it down by the rim which "SEEMS" to me to be fine. $189 price is decent.
Is my sizing deduction ok and how good is PEERLESS CHAIN? I have heard of them and think they are decent but would rather hear it from someone who has better info. Do need the spring tension kit they sell for $20 or is the good old bungy cord method I have used work better? Thanks

How long are the side chains? on a tire that size

/ Tactor Supply Snow Chains, Whats Your Opinion???
Ahh, my wife found my old ones buried under the steps. I guess it's time to break out the Lincoln Tombstone and get in there and fix and build them back up in the weak areas. A couple hours and 5 lbs of7013and they will be in fair shape. It's not the grandest thing long term but ought to do since I am soon retiring and looking to head for warmer climates to head to down the road.
One thing I am definitely interested in never having them on there are those spring rings they sell for tensioners. How well do they work and what do you guys use on the back side besides a couple of bungies?