Tag "adjust a hook" QC vs Rhinox "pin grabber" QC?

/ Tag "adjust a hook" QC vs Rhinox "pin grabber" QC? #1  

Takman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Old John Deere and new Takeuchi
Hello,
I am getting a new Tak tb216r and trying to decide which bucket quick connect system I want to use. Unfortunately hydraulic QC systems were out of my price range.
The TAG coupler is a Wayne Roy qc with a way to tighten up the front as the bucket/coupler wear.
Included in deal if I choose are 12", 24" and 36" bucket.
PROS
+I like this system because it looks like it adds less stack height than the Rhinox.
+ The Tak dealer can set it all up so it's included in the deal and warrantied.
CONS
-buying buckets in the future will be more expensive than the Rhinox buckets.
-They are including a 36" smooth bucket for ditching/grading, but it appears to be too deep/high compared to the 36" buckets I've seen people running on this machine on line.
The Rhinox mechanical pin grabber is made in England and they have been easy to talk to/ask questions.
PROS
+I could get the same buckets as above and a 39" hydraulic tilt bucket for the same price.
+It *might* be a little easier/faster to swap buckets than the tag.
-Can't see any of it in person before buying.
-any problems would be harder to resolve.

My head says go with the tag system, but a hyd tilt bucket would be sweet.

Also Tak is installing a hydraulic thumb(what I'm waiting on now, and it's killing me lol). I know this matches up with the tag buckets, but not sure about the Rhinox set up.

I might get Tak to drop the 36"er and see if Rhinox will sell me the tilt bucket with a blank top I can add the Wayne Roy coupler too?

What are yalls thoughts?

/ Tag "adjust a hook" QC vs Rhinox "pin grabber" QC?
I went with a the TAG set up. Will probably try a rhinox tilt ditching bucket in the future and just adapt it to the tag QC.

/ Tag "adjust a hook" QC vs Rhinox "pin grabber" QC? #3  
Hello,
I am getting a new Tak tb216r and trying to decide which bucket quick connect system I want to use. Unfortunately hydraulic QC systems were out of my price range.
The TAG coupler is a Wayne Roy qc with a way to tighten up the front as the bucket/coupler wear.
Included in deal if I choose are 12", 24" and 36" bucket.
PROS
+I like this system because it looks like it adds less stack height than the Rhinox.
+ The Tak dealer can set it all up so it's included in the deal and warrantied.
CONS
-buying buckets in the future will be more expensive than the Rhinox buckets.
-They are including a 36" smooth bucket for ditching/grading, but it appears to be too deep/high compared to the 36" buckets I've seen people running on this machine on line.
The Rhinox mechanical pin grabber is made in England and they have been easy to talk to/ask questions.
PROS
+I could get the same buckets as above and a 39" hydraulic tilt bucket for the same price.
+It *might* be a little easier/faster to swap buckets than the tag.
-Can't see any of it in person before buying.
-any problems would be harder to resolve.

My head says go with the tag system, but a hyd tilt bucket would be sweet.

Also Tak is installing a hydraulic thumb(what I'm waiting on now, and it's killing me lol). I know this matches up with the tag buckets, but not sure about the Rhinox set up.

I might get Tak to drop the 36"er and see if Rhinox will sell me the tilt bucket with a blank top I can add the Wayne Roy coupler too?

What are yalls thoughts?
I know this is an old thread but I was looking online about the tag QA and this came up in my search. Coincidentally this is also my first post. I just got a tb216 with the tag QA and a 12" & 18" bucket so I'm sticking with the qa attachment. Did you ever get the 36"smooth bucket? I didn't understand what you were saying about it being too deep/high. I've seen a few videos of people using them online? If you did get the bucket could you give your opinion about it?

/ Tag "adjust a hook" QC vs Rhinox "pin grabber" QC? #4  
Old thread and Takman long gone, but maybe someone else has an opinion of it.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 21.10.06.png