Takata airbags

/ Takata airbags #61  
I got a recall last yr. Went to toyota. toyota says they don't have the parts to repair. Said they would call when parts come in. Friday, I et another letter from toyota about the air bags. I'm calling toyota in the am. If they still say they don't have the repair parts, I'm going to ask who is responsible when one of these air bags explode and injure me a passenger ,or both

/ Takata airbags #62  
In my, case, requirement or not, I would have rented a car on my own, and filed a case in small claims court against Toyota.

In small claims court the defendant must appear, or the claimant automatically wins. Is a Toyota representative actually going to be there? Maybe an attorney, but that is going to be an additional expense/nuisance for Toyota.

Do you really think that Toyota would pay out any claim from a small-claims court?

/ Takata airbags #63  
I don't think they would have much choice as long as the consumer didn't sign an arbitration agreement at time of purchase.

Wells Fargo was sued in small claims and lost...

Refused to pay so the person went with the Sheriff to seize the Wells Fargo Stagecoach in the corporate lobby...

There was a mad dash to pay the judgement so the stagecoach wouldn't be load on the flat bed...

I've presided over many Auto Arbitration Cases in California... and the manufacturer never failed to abide by my decision.

/ Takata airbags
I don't think they would have much choice as long as the consumer didn't sign an arbitration agreement at time of purchase.

Wells Fargo was sued in small claims and lost...

Refused to pay so the person went with the Sheriff to seize the Wells Fargo Stagecoach in the corporate lobby...

There was a mad dash to pay the judgement so the stagecoach wouldn't be load on the flat bed...

I've presided over many Auto Arbitration Cases in California... and the manufacturer never failed to abide by my decision.

Corporate behaviour often only changes in response to: A) Massive Fines, or B) PR Nightmares.

While it has a Keystone Cops feel to it, the mental image of that Stagecoach loading on a flatbed playing on the 6 'oclock News would certainly get their attention.....

Rgds, D.

/ Takata airbags #65  
Read an article the other day where a lady was injured when her NON-recall car got in accident. Turns out the car was previously repaired with used parts and a recalled air bag got installed. Scary that used recalled parts could get installed in vehicle not part of the recall.

/ Takata airbags #67  
Do you really think that Toyota would pay out any claim from a small-claims court?

Well: That is a moot point!
They are currently paying $1085 per month for my (Thrifty) 2017 Nissan rental.
The rental car bill is going DIRECTLY TO TOYOTA!