Takeuchi TB035

/ Takeuchi TB035 #1  

FabCat

Tractor
John Deere JD300 Takeuchi TB035
I was given in trade for labor an older Takeuchi TB035 Serial 1354778. I've already replaced the safety relay since it caught fire !! The previous owner made a mess bypassing stuff.
I have the basic service manual and parts list of a newer version TB035.

My issue is the machine fires up and runs no problem for about 8 mins then shuts off. Start again and it runs for about 45 seconds . Start again and runs for about 25 seconds.
I'm trying to figure out what is causing this issue. It's not overheating , the battery is charging however it has a fault light on the panel that flashes for battery. The battery does not have the fluid sensor hooked up since it's an after market one.

All hydraulic functions work fairly well.

I'm thinking a fuel issue after choke turns off ? Could it be as simple as removing the really old diesel fuel and clean out all filters?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Andre

/ Takeuchi TB035 #2  
SNIP

I'm thinking a fuel issue after choke turns off ? Could it be as simple as removing the really old diesel fuel and clean out all filters?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Andre

Sure could be. Check that the vent in the fuel cap is not plugged while you're cleaning out the filters. Expect that priming the fuel system after taking it apart and cleaning it out can really be a hassle to get the last air bubbles out of the lines so that it starts and runs smoothly again. Don't let a bubble beat you up; you'll get it going. We all did.