Taking hydraulic motor apart for new seals

/ Taking hydraulic motor apart for new seals #21  
Funny thing is...Tyrone was originally manufactured in Corinth Miss 5 miles from the grandparents home. I remember as a kid in the 60’s my granddad bragging about Tyrone Hydraulics, long before I even knew anything about hydraulics. Lots of memories in Tn, I was born in Memphis.

/ Taking hydraulic motor apart for new seals #22  

Not sure if this shows up, but it’s a hyd motor similar to yours (different brand) under a pressure dynamic test using our 100hp Dyno

/ Taking hydraulic motor apart for new seals
I can't see it. I'm not registered on/for instagram.

Ok, so here's my $5.00 question....

I've attached a diagram from the manual....and "what I've got"

In the picture, on the right is the brass/bronze #9. I believe they call it the thrust plate. I have two of them.

In the picture on the thrust plate, you can see two squiggly type of seals.

THAT IS ALL THAT WAS THERE when I opened this up.

Now, the kit that I received and (so far) virtually ALL the diagrams I've seen.... have #8 or the Seal Plate.

The diagram on the attached PDF shows the two squiggly seals that I have in place already.

They however, show several more pieces in the middle. If you look back at my picture, they are different than the book picture but none the less, there they are. They (as best I can tell) go down first, then this plate helps to compress them against the 'floor' of the pump.

Being OCD about trying to follow instructions, I put them in....and frankly, they fit.

UNTIL....I got the second round in (impellers and the upper thrust plate)

Once I put the upper thrust plate into place, it was clearly....maybe a 1/16th higher than the plane of the surface.

The guy at the shop told me I'd have to test turn this because it would be 'loaded up' I think was his term.

What I'm totally dumabfounded about is....

Do I need to put these parts in there that were NOT in there when I took it apart?

(it's possible that their absence was part of my problem??!)

Attachments

• DSCN8059.JPG
    DSCN8059.JPG
    477.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Pump Diagram.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I posted the prior....and was scratching my head because I KNEW I'd had a schematic of something that looked different (though the overall was similar)

So looked into the larger book I have and found an accurate portrayal of what I actually have in my hands so swapped it out.

The PDF above is what I hold in my hands yet again, when I took "THIS" pump apart, there were no extras in it. I've not yet looked at the other two pumps.

Gotta say.... now that I scrutinize this thing, I'm thinking that I do NOT use them. It looks like I already have their equal already cast in the brass/bronze material.

(?)