Talk about white knuckles #2

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #11  
Whoa. That last grizzly wanted somebody's blood!

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #12  
Reminds me of this scene from Jeremiah Johnson:

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #13  
In Montana we already have had a few Griz/Human encounters so far this year, one just a few days ago in Big Sky, MT.

Here's a video from a few years ago FWP releasing 2 Grizzly Bears, the second one (about 1 min. 30 secs.) just shows they do not always run away.

KC

Release the Grizzly - YouTube

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #15  
I saw a documentary about the guy 2Lane was talking maybe.

Anyway, him and his girlfriend were flown into an area and dropped to study Brown Bear. They sat up camp just into the timber from the shoreline of the small lake the plane could land on. What they didn't know was that due to unusual weather the next valley over had a crop failure of natural berries that the bears primarily lived on at that time of year. The bears got hungry and ranged into the valley where he camped.

A bear attacked their tent and dragged him out. In the scuffle his video camera got turned on. No pic. Just audio. You could hear the bear mauling him. She kept screaming lay still. Between groans he replied I am trying. Finally after some very gruesome audio the bear killed him. She sat in what was left of the tent whimpering. After a few minutes the bear came back and got her.

Forest Rangers were sent in to check on them. They circled the campsite and it was obvious there were problems. They landed on the lake and beached near the campsite. One got off the plane and started into the forest. A very large brown bear appeared. It kept it's head low and with a sideways gate started getting closer to the man. He fortunately recognized that behavior and got back to the plane, shoved off just as the bear reached the plane.

I was fortunate enough to get within 200ft of a Grizzly in Yellowstone 30 years ago. I was in a safe position with my family. I was absolutely intrigued by the bear and it's mannerisms. It looked at us with absolute indifference. A Ranger was there. She said when there's a problem with a bear in the park they remove the bear. She said it's always the human's fault. About the time she was telling us that more tourists showed up and saw the bear. They started jumping out of the cars and yelling to each other about the bear. Some even grabbing their cameras and trying to get closer. She frantically called for backup. Within a couple minutes more Rangers showed up and got the 20 or so people under control. All the while the bear watched intently. Finally it wandered back into the forest. I had great respect for that bear. I also felt great sympathy for it.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #16  
I see pops stayed with the camera and on this side of his kid.
yes, seems family was moving away from the poor boy during the whole encounter.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #17  
I use to hunt big bears over many years, quite a lot, I've shot a few out of over populated area's...

I did get charged one time by a BIG brown bear, it charged to with in 30 yards and lost my sent, so it stopped and tried to pick it up again in the swirling wind.....it didn't

MY "line in the sand" was 20 yards, and the guy I took out there to shoot a bear, was froze up solid as a statue and never even put his gun up! lol

SO, that bear got to live another day... lol

SR

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #18  
MF RED in MT
the second one (about 1 min. 30 secs.) just shows they do not always run away.
------------------------------
That's lot hurt he wanted to give. :eek:

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #19  
In Montana we already have had a few Griz/Human encounters so far this year, one just a few days ago in Big Sky, MT.

Here's a video from a few years ago FWP releasing 2 Grizzly Bears, the second one (about 1 min. 30 secs.) just shows they do not always run away.

KC

Yes, the last bear seem a bit unhappy. Almost angry even.. I think if anyone was around he could have sunk teeth and claw into, he would gladly have done so.

/ Talk about white knuckles #2 #20  
MF RED in MT
the second one (about 1 min. 30 secs.) just shows they do not always run away.
------------------------------
That's lot hurt he wanted to give. :eek:

Yes, Griz have a history of going quickly/directly after whatever has done them harm...

KC