Taxes on tractors

/ Taxes on tractors #21  
Now I see why it's the Show Me state...

That came from a quote from a Missouri Congressman with the last name of Vandiver who famously stated during a speech in the late 1800s that "I am from Missouri, you have got to show me." Basically, he said "I call BS" in the fancier language used during the old days. In return, Missouri got a state motto and Vandiver got a relatively major street in Columbia named after him. Children who went to school in Missouri learned the story of the state motto but you probably had to live in or near Columbia to actually remember who said it.

/ Taxes on tractors #22  
So, I have learned something new! Missouri taxes almost everything!
It was a state that we were considering moving to, it off our list now.

/ Taxes on tractors #23  
Florida has agricultural exemption for farmers all others pay state sales tax, now individual counties consider tractors and equipment as tangible property and will tax you on them, I keep the gates closed and locked to my barns, don"t want them snooping around .

/ Taxes on tractors #24  
Depends on where you live in Alaska, some boroughs have a personal property tax.

SR

/ Taxes on tractors #25  
yearly property taxes
It is possible you are simply confusing the term "real property" with "personal property."

"Real property" is what the laity calls "real estate" or just plain "land."
"Personal property is not taxed. SHHH Don't give 'em any ideas. You paid a transaction tax when you purchased it.
Real Property is taxed annually by the thieves in your municipality.

/ Taxes on tractors #26  
now individual counties consider tractors and equipment as tangible property
They are taxing personal property using a non-existant newly minted term "Tangible Property" as the cloak?
I'd sue. The tractor like the car is personal property That's just money grabbing.

/ Taxes on tractors #28  
I use to have a line on property tax for personal property so I called and learned I was paying annually for the stove and refrigerator...

Told them it is a rental home and I no longer furnish fee standing appliances so there is no stove or refer.... saved me $4

/ Taxes on tractors #29  
Yes. All farm equipment which is located in the state of Oklahoma shall be listed and assessed as personal property in the county which the equipment is located as of January 1st of each year. Livestock is no longer taxable in Canadian County. The following are examples of taxable farm equipment:

Fuel Powered: Tractors, Swathers, Combines

Other Equipment: Box Blades, Brush Hogs, Discs, Cultivators, Balers

Farm Personal Property | Canadian County, OK - Official Website

/ Taxes on tractors #30  
Last edited: