TBN's attachment icon

/ TBN's attachment icon #1  

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
Normally I use Photobucket to put images in TBN threads.

Now I'd like to learn how to use TBN's image uploader.

I can get the image file uploaded OK via the Manage Attachments feature and the thumbnail shows up in the Preview Post view.

However, I'm stumped on how to embed that thumbnail in the text of my posting. There's supposed to be a clickable arrow next to an "Attachment Icon" that does this job. Trouble is I don't see that arrow or that particular icon. Any help here is appreciated.

/ TBN's attachment icon #2  
See the paperclip, top center of the 'reply' screen? it's inside there.

After you have uploaded the photo, click the arrow next to that paperclip to see what's available to paste. Click the attachment listed right there (not over in the Manage Attachments popup) to paste the attachment at the present location of the cursor.

/ TBN's attachment icon
See the paperclip, top center of the 'reply' screen? it's inside there.

After you have uploaded the photo, click the arrow next to that paperclip to see what's available to paste. Click the attachment listed right there (not over in the Manage Attachments popup) to paste the attachment at the present location of the cursor.

Thanks for the info.
Question: how do I get to the "reply" screen if I'm starting a new thread?

Here's the thumbnail I'm trying to imbed in the threat right here.

Don't see a paperclip icon or an arrow.

Attachments

• DSCF0051 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0051 (Small).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 258
   / TBN's attachment icon #4  
Here's how I do it. I think this may be cheating, but the end result is the same.

I'll make a post just like you did and post it. Then I'll click on the picture thumbnail. When the picture loads, I'll copy the full address from the address bar at the top of the browser. I'll then go back to the original post and click "edit"

In the edit box I'll paste the picture address between the code brackets "
". You leave out the quotation marks.

When you're done, it looks like this...

137159d1250104064-tractorbynets-attachment-icon-dscf0051-small-.jpg

If you post pictures like this, be sure that they are sized correctly. Sometimes you'll skew the whole thread with an oversized picture.

/ TBN's attachment icon #5  

Testing

edit What did I do wrong?....Figured it out, you have to take the "'s" off.

/ TBN's attachment icon

Testing

edit What did I do wrong?....Figured it out, you have to take the "'s" off.[/QUOTE] Thanks. Getting c...'s embedded in the text. The quest continues.

/ TBN's attachment icon #7  
Thanks for the info.
Question: how do I get to the "reply" screen if I'm starting a new thread?

Here's the thumbnail I'm trying to imbed in the threat right here.
Doesn't 'post new thread' (upper left in a forum listing) go to the same screen as 'Quote' or 'Reply'?
I see the thumbnail. Looks like you got it right!

Here's how I do it. I think this may be cheating
I love it! I just learned something. (Flusher, I don't think we're supposed to do this on our own photo uploads. But I like it anyway.)

Thanks!

/ TBN's attachment icon #8  
the thumbnail shows up at the end of the text and, so far, I haven't figured out how to move it so it's embedded in the text.
It falls wherever you left the cursor, if I understand your question.

Plus after hitting 'preview post' you can go down in the edit box and cut/paste the photo to move it somewhere else in your post.

/ TBN's attachment icon #9  
Doesn't 'post new thread' (upper left in a forum listing) go to the same screen as 'Quote' or 'Reply'?

Yes

Flusher, here is the paperclip that CA mentioned.

Attachments

• TBN screen shot RS.jpg
    TBN screen shot RS.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 247
   / TBN's attachment icon #10  
And applying Iplayfarmer's magic : :D

137182d1250117530-tractorbynets-attachment-icon-tbn-screen-shot-rs.jpg

(What's happening here is you are referencing the photo as if you were calling it to be served from a server that is somewhere else. The software doesn't know it's stored a couple of doors down the hall on the same server, so to speak.)