TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones.

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #1  

davcon

Tractor
TC29
   / TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #2  
Why do you think it's the solenoid? Look at the sticky thread on top here for switch/relay problem/solution for tests.
Jim

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #3  
Whether you diagnose its a solenoid or the starter (or just a wiring problem) Buying the whole thing thru Amazon would be the way to go for the price.

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #4  
Been using a Chinese, Ebay $79 starter for 4 years with zero issues. Tractor is used every day.

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #5  
I have been putting up with the same problem for a few years now. The solution is adding the relay circuit as described in the above thread. It can be done under the dash panel or with the relay mounted near the starter itself. Basically a horn relay with the starter circuit energizing the relay which has a direct feed from the battery to then activate the starter solenoid. With all the switches and relays in the starter safety circuit, you seldom get adequate voltage to engage the starter. Don't buy a new starter until you have tried this fix. I'll get a round to it but have been doing the extra clicks for quite a while now. Good luck.

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones.
Halftrack, I see the pdf but that looks complicated for my electrically challenged brain! By chance, have you seen any pics of the fix you describe?
Thanks

/ TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones. #8  
   / TC-29 Starter problem. anyone try the aftermarket ones.
Finally got around to installing the modified starting circuit. It cured my particular problem No more clicks (so far). Thanks to Jsheds for the pictorial and SteveinMD for the detailed pdf diagram. And thanks to those who replied in this thread. Saved me a lot of grief. I almost replaced the starter!