TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #1  

aTomiC33

Funny it shut down when a branch took out the safety switch wires. When these wires get pulled it runs but wont allow a restart. Easy to reattach.
But this time the engine shut down when wires pulled.
Checked all fuses/relays. All good. Still got the rear pto icon lit and no go. Ideas?
Richard

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.
Never had it shut off when wires pulled out before. It just shut down and no crank since.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #3  
Attached is the wiring schematic for your tractor.

If the PTO light is on when you turn the key the tractor will not start because it thinks your PTO is engaged. The PTO Safety Start Relay is preventing the starter from being engaged. I'd first look at what is causing this, try moving the Mid and Rear PTO lever's back and forth to see if the switches are not hung up.

A second issue is why it shut off when "the wires" got pulled, you must have lost power to the fuel solenoid, so maybe there are more wires that need to be reattached.

When you say it took out the "Safety Switch Wires" do you mean the wires to the PTO Safety Start Rely or the Safety Start Relay?

Good luck and et us know what you find.

Attachments

• TC Series Deluxe Electrical Schematic.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
   / TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on.
The two wires lead from the left side of trans just rearward of where the rear pto control arm connects. I have had these two wires disconnect before when in brush. Easy to reconnect and on my way but not this time.
Tractor never shut down before, disconnecting the safety switch leads allows the engine to continue running, just no restart until reconnecting pulled wires.
I pulled the stick out of the which had dislodged the wires, nothing else looked out of shape. All operating fine but still shows rear pto engaged . What would shut down the engine in that event??

Was moving some dirt at low rpms when it shut down. No load on it, it just turned off. I'm stumped.

All relays appeared good. Switched them around, got same results. Can hear a click from fwd most relay when I turn the ign key but nothing else.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #7  
Was moving some dirt at low rpms when it shut down. No load on it, it just turned off. I'm stumped.
The 2 reasons that I can think made your tractor shut off are:

1) Loss of electrical power to the fuel solenoid, i.e. the key turned off, a wire going to the fuel solenoid was cut, a fuse blew that interrupted the circuit (however you said you checked all the fuses, it would be fuse #1) .

2) Ran out of fuel,

Can you see any fuel in the filter bowl?

Do you have a Volt Meter?

Hopefully others will chime in to give suggestions.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #8  
All relays appeared good. Switched them around, got same results. Can hear a click from fwd most relay when I turn the ign key but nothing else.
The attached file shows the locations of the relays.

If I'm understanding you, it sounds like the relay you are hearing a click from is #5 (PTO Safety Relay).

Attachments

• TC33D Relay Location.pdf
    203.9 KB · Views: 49
Switched all relays, same little click when I turn key for each relay swap. I assume relays and fuses are fine after checking panels.
So I still have a PTO icon and no crank. Plenty of fuel, no starving. Fuel not an issue. I cant get that PTO icon to go out. You mentioned fuel solenoid- why would that cause PTO switch error? And wouldn't engine crank even w/ no fuel?
Tractor stopped moment the wires were pulled by brush. The piece of brush (1/2") was right there at the neutral/pto switch wires. I removed stalk and reconnected wires but still have a pto light. That the engine stopped that same moment has me flummoxed. Need to solve pto switch first so can crank engine fuel solenoid or not.

/ TC 33d shut down when rear/neutral safety switch wires yanked. Reconnect-no start, rear pto light on. #10  
DId you check the main 30 amp fuse by the starter?