TC-35 D4

/ TC-35 D4 #1  

gandalf

Tractor
2000 New Holland TC40D Boomer
I have been quoted a package price for a new Boomer TC-35 D4 with Dual power hydro, Industrial tires, 16 LA loader with 60in bucket with joystick, Bushog SQ-72 cutter and a Bushog BX-72 box blade with scarifiers, of $20,993.00 out the door( no sales tax) with labor for the first inspection-service, if I supply the filters, fluids etc. I need to find out if this figure is in the ball park! The dealer is a large and respected Farm supply company in Missouri and about 20 miles from my farm. The unit will be delivered and serviced on my premises. I would appreciate any replys, as I have no idea if this is a good price or not. Thanks, Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."

/ TC-35 D4 #2  
Gandlaf,

Sorry for the late reply (been traveling on business all past week). I bought my TC35D with 16LA loader for $19,900 (before tax) including fluid filled rear tires, R4's and rear wheel weights. As far as I know, all "D" models are the same (dual power shifter which is handy, telescoping links, folding rops etc). I think your price sounds very good. BTW, while you are at it, have the dealer throw in the service manuals. Owner's manual is good but more documentation never hurts. Let me know if you have more ?'s.

Peter

/ TC-35 D4
Thanks Pete, for the reply! I was beginning to wonder if anybody knew about pricing for New Hollands. I have checked out NH's dealers web sites and they are all the same, just showing the corporations advertisements and no pricing info at all. I wish that some NH dealer had a site like Carver kubota has, that shows prices and package deals etc. From what I've ascertained, the price quote I've got seems like a good one but I'm seriously thinking about maybe spending a little more ($1,350) and getting the TC40D Hydro instead. Usually a four cyl engine is smoother and has better primary balance. This will be my first tractor so I want to make a good decision. Are you happy with yours? Any regrets? I was going to buy a Kubota but after I sat on the TC35, I was in LOVE! I'm 6ft-5in and 350 lbs and I had much more room than I needed and was very comfortable. My wife insisted on the auto trans-hydro, so I had it bid that way. What do you think about the three cyl versus four cyl thing? Thanks and take care, Sam

"I love the smell of diesel in the morning."
Cummins powered 24V Dodge Rams rule!

/ TC-35 D4 #4  
Sam,

I'm very pleased with my TC35D. I didn't really consider the TC40D. I only have 10 acres and I already thought I was buying a pretty big tractor. I can sympathize with your comfort requirements. I'm 6'2" 190#. I really like all the leg room and the generous seat travel really smooths out the bumps. You're making an excellent choice. Would I get the TC40? If I thought I needed it and the extra $1300 didn't really bug me then sure why not. That said, there isn't one single job that my 35 has not been able to tackle. Today I pushed a huge rotted tree (maybe 45' long by 8" in diameter) that was laying on the ground. I wasn't even at max hp and the tractor didn't even slow down. As far as smoothness goes I think the TC35 is just fine. At the lowest idle setting (maybe 800 rpm) the hydro pedals vibrate left/right slightly due to vibration. That's the worst it ever is and it's not bothersome. At anything over 1000 rpm the engine is smooth as can be. I would expect the 40 to be smoother but I'm not sure it would be detectable. What kinds of tasks do you want to perform with your tractor on the farm? Will you plow with it? You might make good use of the extra hp whereas I don't really need it.

/ TC-35 D4 #5  
Hello Peter, Gandalf, and others,
After getting discouraged at my local dealer's (Indpls area) relatively high price and apparent lack of interest in selling a boomer (said he would only make $100 on the deal and really preferred to deal with buyers of heavy equip!), I searched the web and found a great salesman at Maple Mountain Equip in Western PA. He said he could sell me a TC35D w/ R4's and a 16LA loader for $17,700! I haven't sent deposit yet but will let you know when this deal is confirmed. This price is about $3000-$3500 less than what my local dealer's salesman quoted on two different occasions. Also, Gator said he bought his TC45D w/ super steer and R4's for around $17,000 for tractor and $2900 for 17LA loader and $7300 for NH backhoe (don't know which model). I aked him the question on his "expensive hat" posting but wanted to repost it here so I didn't engage in bad compact tractor website ettiquette! I hope this helps other prospective NH Boomer buyers.
Rob (barnmedic)

/ TC-35 D4 #7  
Do you have the website or number of the dealer in W.PA, the dealers in CT
have not impressed me. They seem very lazy, do not realy care if they make a
sale or not. Thanx

/ TC-35 D4 #8  
Thanks Scruffy,
I am anxious tobegin enjoying the joys of compact tractor ownership! Wpizza, the salesman I am dealing with is Ryan at 743-397-2660. Good Luck!
barnmedic

/ TC-35 D4 #9  
Try Pine Plains Tractor & Equipment in Pine Plains, NY. Just over the line from NW Conn. Find us on the New Holland website's dealer locator, or call 518-398-7154.

/ TC-35 D4 #10  
barnmedic, did you ever get your tc35d from Ryan?
What was the deal?