TC 40 or Deere 4600

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #1  

Lee

Iam down to final decision on bids. There is only eleven dollars difference. Both have loader with six foot heavy duty bucket, hydro, one rear remote,turf tires,9'woods backhoe on the tc40, 8'6" on the Deere. Has there been any problems yet with the tc40? What about the tires I chose for this set up. Very little backhoe work, mostly running around on ball fields filling holes fertilizing, snow removal,some rototilling for field renovation.

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #2  
I too was looking hard at the new holland big boomers and if they came with a factory cab the choice would have been simple go blue! the boomer is very comfortable if you havent demoed one you should, I personaly like the dual hydro pedals also. as for the tires dont get turf unless you plan to use chains for snow. hope this helps.

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #3  
Lee,

I own a "Baby" Boomer, the TC18, althought I can't tell you about the larger TC40, I have 63 troublefree hours on mine.
I was really surprised last winter, when moving snow - admittedly smaller amounts than normal, that my turfs and 4wd did an awesome job! Very little spinning, I was planning on having to buy chains, now I'll have to see how it does in the deeper stuff, if we get any!

Good Luck, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #4  
Lee, I have driven them both. It appeared to me that the TC40 was a heavier duty machine than the 4600. I think the 4600 compares more favorably with the TC33 frame size, which I have also driven. I would put the TC40 more in the 5300 class (yes, I drove that one too.) which costs several thousand more. I am planning on buying a TC45D.

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #5  
According to at least one dealer who showed us the 35 boomer close up, the frame for the 35, 40 and 45 models, is the same size.

5310 JD is mighty hefty to compare to a Boomer, much as I like blue.

Jim

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #6  
I was comparing the TC33 and the 4600. The TC33 is on a smaller frame than the 34, 40, 45 series. I would agree on the 5310 assessment, it seemed to be a shade larger than the 35-40-45 series. But it also cost several thousand more. For that price you can step up to the next level blue.

/ TC 40 or Deere 4600 #7  
And in the next blue level (utility, TN series) you can still get supersteer and automatic FWD, though you cannot get HST like on the compacts. Try to find a green tractor that will turn around in less than its own length.