tc 40d hydro trans fast in reverse slow forward

/ tc 40d hydro trans fast in reverse slow forward #1  

griz

Tractor
Case DX 40 8/1/03
hello i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on what i can do with my problem. my tractor goes very fast in reverse (like new) but forward probably half of what it did when i got it new. looking at the pedals the forward pedal travels a short distance and the hydo lines stop it when pushed all the way down. i've changed all filters and fluids. and don't seem to have much of any creeping (maybe just a little). the forward pedal is probably two inches difference than the reverse at a stop. i thought maybe a pedal adjustment or something or is it a valve? i don't know, i looked on the sight and can't find any info. thanks you for your time. jp

/ tc 40d hydro trans fast in reverse slow forward #2  
The first thing you want to do is to crawl under the right side operator's platform with the tractor off. Move and flex the pedals and observe what is happening. You should easily be able to move the forward and reverse pedals and see how everything works. Next. look at the diagram below. It shows the way you should be able to even up your pedals. Maybe you forward pedal bolts were not tight enough and the pedal slipped a bit. Loosening the two bolts shown and making an adjustment may be all you need. Good luck!

HSTPedalAdjust-03.jpg

/ tc 40d hydro trans fast in reverse slow forward
update! thanks for the info jinman, i don't know how many times i was under there trying to figure it out. one of the two bolts had broke just enough to make the pedal slip under heavy pressure. replaced it and now she moves like it should fwd and backwards(pedals even). i can't thank you enough with winter coming and needing to feed cattle and cut wood. again great site and thank you!!!

/ tc 40d hydro trans fast in reverse slow forward #4  
Wow! Great job! Glad you are back in business.