TC-40D starter problem

/ TC-40D starter problem #11  
Thanks to @dlctcg !!! My DX34 had weird starter issues and by jumpering from positive terminal to starter, she started like charm. The starter cable is 160 bucks so I may see what my options are to create my own cable from the battery to the starter.

/ TC-40D starter problem #12  
@DX34lover - Glad the info helped...

Another common problem the starter solenoid is not always getting the full voltage they need as the machines get older. The circuit shares the voltage source with the glow plug timer (& I believe passes through some of the safety switches) & overtime the wiring & connection get dirty / lose there ability to pass the voltage. You may want to look at doing the dedicated aux. starter relay I mentioned in that previous post. It is pretty easy to do.

If you don't have a local shop that can make you up a quality replacement cable; I have used Battery Cables USA for a different project with good results. You can custom build your cable to match your existing on their website. The ones I received were good cables, at fair price & they shipped fast... just an option