Tires TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please

/ TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
I'm going to demo some this weekend. See my thread Dealer continues to make the difference. The R4's are ripping up my lawn. Just wondering if anybody else has them & what they think. Might be able to get them "cheap" don't know how much "cheap" is yet.

Don't know if I can get approval from the CFO

/ TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please #2  
See my post in buying/pricing on TC 33D turf tires.....A dealer just traded me turfs even up for my R-4's......Just mowed today.....What a awesome difference...........No ruts/chunks anymore...........Tom

/ TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please #3  
As long as you don't have to rely on them for snow moving or work in dirt, why not. I've not had similar experience with my 40D and R-4s however, even though my old 1720 and R-1s were pretty rough on the lawn.

/ TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please #4  
I bought my TC18 a year ago with turfs, loaded the rears of course. right now the house & yard are new and I do a lot of loader work and grading with it. eventually it will be mostly mowing and projects. I got stuck once in some really nasty mud, but other than that have had no problems with traction for mud & snow removal. If I push snow in high gear I'll stall the hydrostat before I spin the tires. Low gear, no problem. I do most of the loader/grading work in FWD to get a better bite.

/ TC18/21 Turf Tires, opinions please
Thanks everybody for your replies. I demo'd the turfs this weekend. Put down 2,000 # of lime & also some fertilizer.

Made a noticeable difference. Especially since the rears weren't loaded. I can't even lift the loaded R4's. Putting them back on will be a challange.

The rear turfs are wider, the fronts are about the same width. They are much more compliant than the R4's. The front turfs are noticably lighter than the R4's. Didn't put them on a scale, but my highly calibrated right arm estimates 10 pounds or so.

Bottom line, much less damage to the lawn. Still marked it up near the stream where it was very wet. But, it was more of a steam roller effect than taking out divots.

Wife ain't happy about the price tag, even though the dealer has offered an excellant deal (below invoice). Want them both, don't know if it is worth sleeping in the doghouse. Maybe I can trade, or they'll have to wait a while... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif