TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I want to add a new hydraulic valve to my TC18 and believe I can plug it directly into the manifold/diverter valve. My questions is do I simply run a line from the Pressure Out Port (#2) to the in port on the valve and then run a line from the out port on the valve to the Pressure Return Port (#3) on the diverter spool valve as shown on the bottom of the attached manual page?

TC-18-Diverter-Valve.png

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question #2  
I believe you have it right. You run from the pressure port to the remote valve and then from PB (power beyond) on the remote valve back to the PB port on the diverter valve. If your remotes have a "T" port, you plumb that all together and then to the "T" tank port on the diverter. Some valves have excess fluid that returns to the "T" port. The diverter slot placed at the 1:00 o'clock position will route pressure directly to the pressure port you've connected. It has to go to the remote valve and return before going to the HPL. I think it's confusing that they are calling the return the "PB" port. However, it would not be right to call the pressure port PB either because of the diverter function.

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question
Jim, thanks for the confirmation. The valve that I have does not have a "T" port just an "IN" and "OUT" port.

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question #4  
Steve, I looked at the description in my TC45D repair manual and it confirms the routing as you and I both stated. I think you are good to go. If you ever add a loader, you'll need to route the line from the PB port on your new remotes to the loader valve pressure side and then its PB port back to the PB port on the diverter. In that case, you'll have run a line up from the "T" port too. I think most dual loader valves require a "T" port.

Are you adding top-n-tilt to your 3PH? I'm just curious why you are adding remotes.

Jim, actually I have to replace the High Pressure Return Tube. The original owner or dealer plumbed the remote valve for the snowblower by teeing into the High Pressure Return Tube instead of plumbing directly into the diverter valve/manifold. It was held up by some cable ties which recently broke and the line fell low enough to be caught by the steering tie rod, which kinked the HPRT, which now leeks. I have purchased a new tube but want to plumb it correctly. I do not have a loader on my TC18 and likely never will.

The valve is used for chute rotation on my snowblower. I recently picked up a 2-spool valve that I want to install for chute rotation and chute deflector.

Here are some photo's of how it was plumbed.

328253d1374272413-tc18-hydraulic-high-pressure-retun-hydraulic-02.jpg

328254d1374272420-tc18-hydraulic-high-pressure-retun-hydraulic-01.jpg

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question #6  
Yeah, Steve, there was really nothing wrong with the way it was plumbed, just the materials used and how it was not secured properly. In effect, you'll be plumbing it before the HPL for the 3PH and the prior way it was after the 3PH. The way it was plumbed before, the diverter valve slot stayed in the 10 o'clock position. With the way you are plumbing it, the flow will divert to your remote valves first because the slot will be rotated CW to the 1-2 o'clock position.

/ TC18 Diverter Valve to Spool Valve Question #7  
My opinion on the diverter/selector/hyd block, is that all port on the block should be considered PB or high pressure, as it has to withstand pressure for the series path.

For instance, if you activate the 3pt, the complete path is pressurized.

If the hyd block has a return port, it could also be capable of high pressure. The return port normally goes back to tank. They are just boring holes in a slab of metal, and the ports probably have the same thickness.

Some of the hyd blocks have the relief valve built into the hyd block.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've drained the hydraulic oil, removed a few pipes and the brake pedals, now have to wait a week for the adapter. I wonder why New Holland uses pipes with non-standard thread on them? The local Parker Store could not match the thread on the New Holland Pipe connector. (The large silver connector first photo above). The brass looking adapter in the photo has been cut and brazed to a different fitting so it could be attached to the hose going to the remote valve by someone. Seems like a lot of trouble when compared to plumbing directly into the valve/manifold.