TC18 Rear Remotes

/ TC18 Rear Remotes
Closer picture of the couplers. Yes I should have put the ring on dust boot straps on the oil lines before I installed them, but no way was that coming back off at this point. I looped them around the lines and ran the cap back through, That will keep them on anyway.

Attachments

• 414788-DoneCloseUp.jpg
    414788-DoneCloseUp.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 569
   / TC18 Rear Remotes
All in all, it took maybe 3 hours, 2 sore knees, and 1 aching back. The instructions are a joke in my opinion. Nowhere does it tell you to re-use the old 0-rings from the old valve, but someone else here found that out....thanks for letting us know. Nowhere does it tell you where to mount the bracket. The picture makes it look like it mounts to fender mount. No you filp it over from what they show and it bolts to the casting. You're shown new lock washers on the mounting bolts and the remote bracket. That totals 5 washers, they give you 4. Thats okay because you remove 4 from the old bolts.

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #13  
Inspector that is a clean installation. Did you need the restrictor on your cylinder to slow down the speed of travel? How do you like those extra long 60" hoses. I had the two for the side cylinder shortened by my NH dealer and the next time I go back I'll have the 2 for the top cylinder shortened as well. When they are too long they are bound to get caught on something and do damage elsewhere.

You are going to love the operation of the hydraulic cylinder. Fine tuning of a box-blade is a snap.

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #14  
Glad to see you got your kit and also got it installed. I got my 3rd remote last week and today I picked up my 2nd remote. So if the weather holds up tomorrow I may have to do the installation on my TC45D. I already have a hydraulic toplink off my 1st remote and this will allow me to hook up my hydraulic sidelink (TISCO brand) I picked up today also.

I know you'll love that toplink. It does for boxblading what a toothbar does for a loader. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ TC18 Rear Remotes
Haven't used the box blade yet, but the travel on the cylinder doesn't seem to fast right now. Might be due to the lower flow on a TC18.

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #16  
Thanks so much for the pictures and info! I have been thinking really hard of doing this on my TC24. Can you give me an idea how much price was the remote was?

Thanks
Dave

/ TC18 Rear Remotes
TC18 and TC21/TC21D cost is $255+tax through whole goods. No idea how much it is for a TC24, but should be close.

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Picked up my remote kit today for the TC18 )</font>
Thanks for the post Inspector. I know it's not the same as yours, but I'm going to add a remote on my CK20 and it's nice to see someone else's work. Looks as though you've done a great job and I hope you have a lot of good times not having to get off and on just to adjust the links! John

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #19  
Inspector507
Wow! That is a good price my dealer wanted $600 for the kit. Needless to say I think I will try somewhere else. Does your do mail order?
The female end on the left looks a little close to the lift arm. Is there plenty of room for things?
Solo

/ TC18 Rear Remotes #20  
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us Jerry.

That sure is a good price you got and a clean installation. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

By the time I figure out what I want to do on my Kubota I'll likely have to lay out over $800 easy...and it won't be such a nice installation either I bet!