TC21D Questions

/ TC21D Questions #1  

keithcom

Tractor
None at present.
I have a few questions about the NH TC21D.
It's been a while since I looked at one on the dealer lot and my memory has gotten foggy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Does the TC21D package have the same features as the bigger Boomers as far as the adjustable swivel seat and ergonomics?
Does the 3pt hitch have position control, telescoping stabilizer bars, flexible link ends and height adjustment?
Does the dashboard have a tach, oil pressure gage, temp gage, amp gage or does it have indicator lights?
The New Holland web site just says "The easy-to-read automotive-style dashboard and easy-to-reach fender-mounted controls make Boomer handy to operate".
I think I remember reading on the board that the Model 914A 60" Mid Mount was way more difficult to mount and remove compared to Kubota and JD, and comments for owners on that issue?
Is it an apples to apples comparison to match the TC21D to the Kubota B2410HSD?
From the specs they appear to be about the same physical size with the Kubota having a 2 hp advantage at the PTO.
I have also been following the threads on the BX2200 with great interest.
Once I got over the Tim Allen syndrome and came back to reality it appears tractors in this size range make more sense for my needs..... and wallet. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
My profile shows 1ac. but I have family two doors down so in reality I'm mowing and maintaining three yards and keeping 2 of the 3 driveways clear when the snow hits (would be fun with a tractor...it's NOT with a shovel!) /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
That had me looking at larger tractors for awhile but I think they would be over kill.
One other unrelated but nagging question, what is the advantage of the 4 link bucket attachment that the larger 16LA and 17LA loaders have?
Guess that's enough questions for one night.
Thanks in advance.
Keith

/ TC21D Questions #2  
Keithcom,

That's a lot of questions! I'll take a stab at a few, then the experts can chime in.

The TC21D does not have the swivel seat or the custom 3-point hitch (need to go to the 25D and above for that). It does, however, have position control.

The B2410 and TC21 are pretty similar in size (same wheelbase, and length is pretty close). The B2410 is wider and taller, and this is partly due to the larger tires (turfs, anyway), from what I can tell.

FWIW, I drove a TC21D before I bought my B2410, and thought it was a pretty nice machine.

- Rob

/ TC21D Questions #3  
It has a tach and temp gage.The mid mount isn't the easiest but I don't think less than 10 minutes is too bad for the amount of times I take it off during the season, the loader helps during removal. Tom

/ TC21D Questions
Wheeldog
Thanks for the info.
When I re-read my post I realized I did ask a lot of questions for one post....must have been on a roll /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
Looked up your post on loader lift, that answered a few other questions I had. Looks like you went through the same research I'm going through now.
Thanks again.
Keith

/ TC21D Questions
Tom
Thanks for the reply.
I agree, 10 min. isn't bad at all.
Takes me longer then that to get the deck of my LT166 now!
Guess if I did it more often it would go faster but it's only job in life is cutting grass so the deck only comes off for maint. once a season.
Are you still happy with your TC21D?
Thanks again.
Keith

/ TC21D Questions
Wheeldog
Forgot to ask you what swayed you to the B2410 and if after spending some time with it you find it satisfies your needs?
Thanks.
Keith

/ TC21D Questions #7  
Keith,

I had been expecting the TC21D to be priced somewhat less than the B2410HSD, but I found that in my area anyway the prices were almost identical. While there wasn't anything that I disliked about the TC21D, there just wasn't anything I liked better about it than the B2410, and to me the B2410 is a little more tractor (hp, pto hp, loader capacity, etc.).

I only have about 7 (!) hours on my B2410, and I've used it so far to move snow with the loader, and dig out some small stumps. This is my first compact, so I don't have much else to compare it too. However I do usually find myself grinning when I step down from it, then looking around to see if any of the neighbors are watching and thinking "Why is this fool smiling so much?"

I'm glad to hear you are checking through the TBN archives. There are a lot of very clever people (much moreso than me) on this forum, and many of your buyer's questions have probably come up once or twice before.

- Rob

/ TC21D Questions #8  
Keith, 125hrs so far and no problems.Wish it wasn't mud season or I would be out doing something on it! With around 140'' of the white stuff this season the tractor sure did get put to some good use, no problems in the cold weather except for the operator. I am going to look into a set of ag tires/rims so I can get out back earlier in the spring. Tom

/ TC21D Questions
Rob, Tom
Thanks for answering my questions.
Stopped past the NH dealer today and picked up some lititure.
They had a TC21D on the lot and a few TC33D's.....nice.
Maybe this weekend I'll be able to stop by the Kubota dealer for info on the BX220 and B2410.
Who knows maybe by next spring I'll have my mind made up, seems like it takes most of us a long while to decide but that's part of the fun. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Thanks again for your help.
Keith