TC29

/ TC29 #1  

Bud

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400 & 1972 Economy Power King
I have a friend who wants to trade a 1986 Ford 1510 4WD with about 650 hrs and very clean on a TC29D. His dealer wsnts to sell him a gear model instead of a HSD. The dealer claims the HSD would not handle a loaded manure spreader as good as a gear tractor. He would be using this to maintain over 2000' of driveway winter and summer, cut about 12 acres of pasture, and drag the manure spreader. Do you think the HSD would take heavy drawbar loads on hilly fields as well as gears?
What kind of exchange price would be reasonable. The dealer offered him an exchange of $8230.00 for a TC29 everything on it, including R4 tires, no HSD. He also wants $4000.00 for a loader.
Bud

/ TC29 #2  
Bud, I think your friend needs to talk to a couple of other dealers. I may be wrong, but that sure seems like a high price for a loader, and if it were me, I'd sure go for the hydrostatic transmission.

Bird

/ TC29 #3  
Bird,
I agree,by the sounds the FEL seems a tad high,also the HST more and more farm owners are going that way...and the work still getting done so there must be a reason why.
I to would shop around also ask the dealer to sharpen his or her pencil./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

May the next storm pay you a vist w/ a long soaking rain.

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ TC29 #4  
Bud,

The $4000 price for the loader is too high. The price should be closer to $3000 if factory installed on the tractor and as high as $3500 if the dealer has to do the installation. (The loader costs more if ordered separately and requires extra labor on the dealer's part).

Regarding the HST transmission, I don't know what kind of hills that you have in your area, the weight of the spreader, or the frequency of use. These three factors would contribute to the decision. The dealer would make more money on the HST transmission so the dealer may have your friend's best interest at heart. If the dealer has the geared TC29 on the lot and is looking to unload it, then I would tend to get a second opinion.

Does anyone else use a HST transmission in a application that puts a heavy constant load on the tranny?

David V

/ TC29 #5  
I don't know if I can be of much help. I do have the TC29D with the HST, but most of the work I do is with the loader. I don't know what others do, but my driveway is about a mile and I maintain it with the loader, seldom do I ever put a blade on. I have moved quite a few big round bales with a bale buggy hooked up. It does this really well, but I usually don't move them very far and I have no hills to speak of. For what I do, I wouldn't want anything but a HST. I would agree with everything David said, and would like to see a better answer to his question.
Ernie